What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers sheet & conditional highlighting?

tonyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I created a sheet on my Mac in Numbers 3.2.2 (on Mavericks). It contained conditional highlighting rules. I got it into Numbers on my iPad Air 2, but no highlighting! Do the rules not move with the sheet?
Cheers!
tonyt

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't know if the rules are carried over to numbers, but here is a site with info on conditional formatting. Hope it help you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14856

Also Google will give several other sites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, the iPad version of Numbers doesn't have support for conditional highlighting. The most you can do is choose a cell format that will change based on whether the number is negative or positive. There are only a few options.

I havn't tested this, but the actual formatting probably remains in the file, so that it will still work properly on the Mac.

OP
T

tonyt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks! I thought as much!

SyAn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, the iPad version of Numbers doesn't have support for conditional highlighting. The most you can do is choose a cell format that will change based on whether the number is negative or positive. There are only a few options.

I havn't tested this, but the actual formatting probably remains in the file, so that it will still work properly on the Mac.

I have conditional formatting that changes cell colour depending on what date is shown in comparison with a series of dates.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you imported the spreadsheet from the Mac verison of Numbers, some of the extended features may work. Some mahy not. You might even retain a few from a spreadsheet impoted from Excel. Either way, you won't be able to edit those features from the iPad.

Now, if I'm wrong, and you can create and edit this features from the iPad I really really want to hear about it. I'd love to have conditional formating on the iPad without creating it first on the Mac.

SyAn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you imported the spreadsheet from the Mac verison of Numbers, some of the extended features may work. Some mahy not. You might even retain a few from a spreadsheet impoted from Excel. Either way, you won't be able to edit those features from the iPad.

Now, if I'm wrong, and you can create and edit this features from the iPad I really really want to hear about it. I'd love to have conditional formating on the iPad without creating it first on the Mac.

Sorry, did not express that clearly, iPad can only display, but neither create nor change.
And if you hear any news re this, I most certainly would love to know too, would be very nice to have that functionality in iPad :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Super excited about latest update - hoping they will expand on this :)

Looks pretty good. A quick test shows that you can test against other cell values. Should be enough for most needs. I’m glad to see it as well.

5FF35290-0C97-4188-870E-C253D9BD0462.png

Most reactions

Latest posts