What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers issue

spaceranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a bit of an issue with numbers
Wish to make a pie chart but when the display chart comes up there is no segments and its all one colour
Using ipad two
I am just using one column of information ie monthly household expenses

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Spaceranger - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm an intermediate Numbers user and have made charts in the past, so gave your request a try - the pie chart function behaved the same way for me, i.e. just one colored circle w/ 100% in the middle (no pie segments even after 2 different number formattings). Using the same data, I was able to make a nice 'bar graft' that looked fine.

So, is this a 'bug' in the newest release of Numbers and/or in iOS 6.x (assume that you are using the newest iOS?) - just did a quick web search and found this 'unanswered' POST HERE, so appears that others have had the same observation. I'd wait to see if more members post their experiences.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, just played with this. I can create a working pie chart using rows, but not columns. Using columns is as described, one 100% section.

No idea why or if/when it will be fixed.

@Giradman: I set up an email notification for the link you provided, but it's been more than a month without a reply, so I doubt we'll get an answer there.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@Giradman: I set up an email notification for the link you provided, but it's been more than a month without a reply, so I doubt we'll get an answer there.

Hi TP - agree about a LACK of responses, but just wanted to point out that at least 'another' has observed this problem - did not really go further in my search to see if others may have had the same issue - suspect a 'bug' issue? Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea. I honestly can't remember if the pie charts worked with columns before the last update. Some things, like creating forms, only work using rows.

On the other hand, the fact that the OP got them to work on the OS X version and that they still work when transferred back to the iPad suggests they should work; but if it is a bug then I'm surprised it hasn't made a bigger splash in the blogs.

OP
S

spaceranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much all for your help

Never thought about using rows to achieve the pie chart. Will adjust my work sheet information so the data is in rows
If that's what one has to do then so be it, strange as it may seem

Thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts