What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notifications Sound

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you won’t lose data with this reset. Just make sure you select the right one: Reset all Settings, nothing else.

Your settings will change back to default, and you’ll have to go through the Settings app afterwards, to set up everything as you prefer it.

Have reset but no change?....notice my sound loss includes that when I plug in to charge,..

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure date and time are set up correctly. Also take a look at Do Not Disturb, and turn it off if it’s enabled.
Date and time set at 24hr,Automatic and London.
Do not Disturb is not enabled.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 4 has the Side Switch, next to the Volume button. It can either lock the screen, or mute sound. Did you check there? If the coloured (orange) part is visible, it’s either set to silence sounds, or lock the screen to a certain orientation.

If that’s what you’ve already checked, take a look at your Control Centre. The option to mute your iPad is there as well.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 4 has the Side Switch, next to the Volume button. It can either lock the screen, or mute sound. Did you check there? If the coloured (orange) part is visible, it’s either set to silence sounds, or lock the screen to a certain orientation.

If that’s what you’ve already checked, take a look at your Control Centre. The option to mute your iPad is there as well.

Thank you for your persistence with me!.....but you have resolved my problem,...it turned out to be the ORANGE..I have moved the slider to show no orange and that has done the trick....Thank you again.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You’re welcome. :)

Sorry,but one final question....after resetting I have to input all passwords again on various access....how do I keep logged in for future, as I had before reset?
All passwords were auto entered.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have lost notification sound for Messages and email?...have tried a hard reset without change,...help needed.,

Although you were able to resolve my initial problem,for which I am grateful,however I now find that I only get my email notification sound when I unlock and open email.....I used to get notification sound with iPad locked and closed.....any further help appreciated.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Whether you hear sounds will depend on your settings for fetching mail. If they are set to push you should hear them. If they are set to fetch manually you won’t, but if if they are set to fetch at intervals and you open the Mail app you will get a sound earlier than if you had waited.

Most reactions

Latest posts