What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes Problem on iPad

chris northants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently updated my iPad to v4.3.2 . I now appear to have lost some entries I had made using the Notes function. I do have some Notes showing on the iPad however these are notes that I previously made on my iPhone that I sync on the same laptop as my iPad. I've lost some important information, can anyone help?

Surboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you synchronise your email, calendar, etc on your iPad with Gmail by any chance? I had a similar problem the other day and the notes disappeared from my iPad but thankfully were saved on my notes in Gmail. I was able to access them by connecting to my Gmail account from an internet explorer and there they we! Good luck, I hope that is the case, it is a nightmare to lose valuable information :-(

OP
C

chris northants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.... My e-mail is sync'd to AOL and there are some Notes files on my e-mail page that I hadn't noticed were there before. These Notes are still also showing on my iPad however there are still some original Notes that I made that are not accessible from my iPad or from my e-mail.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First: go into iTunes, Preferences, the Devices tab and turn off auto syncing. This will keep iTunes from overwriting your last backup, just in case it's got your notes in it.

Before we go into backups though, lest check another possibility.

Connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, and select your iPad from the list of Devices. Now choose the Info tab at the top.

Scroll down until you can see where it offers you the ability to sync notes. Is it selected? If so, you're probably out of luck.

Select it, and note what app, or apps, it says it can sync your notes with. Now deselect it and go to those apps to see if your missing notes are there. If they are, go ahead and turn the sync back on and do the sync.

The only other possibility is the backup. If you have not backed up (synced) the iPad since loosing the notes they may be in the backup file. Unfortunately the only way to find out is to restore from the backup.

Open Preferences in iTunes and go to the Devices tab. Look at the date of the backup for your iPad and see if it is before your update. If so, you've got a good shot at getting the notes back.

If you choose to restore from the backup, you will lose all other documents you've updated or added since the backup. So save or transfer them somewhere safe first. Be thorough. You may also loose you place in games, system settings you've made, pictures in the camera role, imported, or saved pics, and other adjustments.

When you are sure you've not going to lose anything important, go ahead and right click on the iPad and choose Restore from Backup.

It works, or it doesn't.

3kdsrenf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was recording in my notes from iPhone and had to manually correct a word and the copy paste bar appeared and I tried touching away from the bar but the phone pasted the last item I copied. Did I lose all that information for good? Would there be away I could undo that.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a set of notes disappear recently from the native app, even though all my notes had synched correctly up till then. I noticed the app was acting funny (I'd try saving and it would randomly save or not). I reset and restarted, but I no longer trust the native app. I'm using Evernote, which I already had, instead.

xuanique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some time ago, one of my notes duplicated itself so i deleted one of it, but in the end both copies were deleted simultaneously.
this time, the same problem happened again, so i copy the note and paste it on a new one before deleting the duplicated copies.
however, after i did that, the app crashed and no matter how many times i try, every time i open the app, it shows a blank note and crashes within 1second, and returned me to the home screen.
i tried rebooting my ipad several times already, and even let the battery drained itself but the note app still crashes..

does anyone has any idea how to fix it?

thanks a lot!!

Most reactions

Latest posts