What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Notes Loses All Notes

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First I lost all my notes but only had saved 1 page of notes. OK. Next I saved all my notes and added a new note figuring maybe that would help keep the first note safe. Nope. Today Notes is empty again. I tried shutting down the iPad and restarting it. No change.

I've searched and find no suggestion or solution to safeguarding notes with the iPad.

I've surprised that Apple has a product that can lose data and they haven't fixed this issue. It makes the Notes application unusable.

Anybody out there using Notes successfully or find a fix or work around?

OP
J

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
5/3/12 Went to the local Apple store with iPad in hand. They immediately replaced it with a new one. At least it looks brand new.

Just checked Notes and watched while a note I put on it disappeared about 30 minutes after I entered the info. There has to be something going on with the way I configure the iPad. I was asked not to restore from a previous backup on the off chance that the problem was software related. I did not restore but did a sync via iTunes to get my apps back.

Funny thing though, Safari had all the websites that I had set up on the old iPad in the Bookmarks Bar, but today they are gone but were there yesterday. Kind of strange behavior.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It spooked me a little when I ad your post. I had spent about an hour entering music data into the Notes app earlier today. I just went to check and the data is still there. I only backup my iPad data with a cable hooked to my PC. That way it doesn't do some funky over the air to the PC or the cloud file transfers.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

nikkim58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went into notes today and saw that all my notes had gone. Prior to version 7upgrade on my iPad 2, I would enter password hints for new sites I joined.
Not needed notes for a while, or at least since the last update and this page has disappeared despite most of it being saved.
I first noticed that the pages were white instead of yellow and I hadn't noticed that pages were classed as accounts before. I thought they were just pages that you named.
Can I get all my info back? Please help?
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The colour in the Notes app changed to white with the update to iOS 7.

Do you have more than one account installed to use Notes? At the upper left, choose "Accounts". This will show you which accounts are enabled to use the app. Try "All Notes". Maybe they're just "hidden" in another account.

nikkim58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I've just rechecked. I'm on version 7.0.4 and previously Notes were yellow pages and the app came with my iPad 2
It's since I updated to version 7 that this page has disappeared and the pages are white.
I only really used notes to keep tabs on all the sites that require you to register and have a password. It was so easy to register and then get up notes to write down the info, save and go back to what I was doing before.
I've gone thro all the accounts and nothing is coming up. I've tried searching but to no avail.
It's really annoying as I thought I'd found an idiot proof system for me!

Last edited:

nikkim58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I've just rechecked. I'm on version 7.0.4 and previously Notes were yellow pages and the app came with my iPad 2
It's since I updated to version 7 that this page has disappeared and the pages are white.
I only really used notes to keep tabs on all the sites that require you to register and have a password. It was so easy to register and then get up notes to write down the info, save and go back to what I was doing before.
I've gone thro all the accounts and nothing is coming up. I've tried searching but to no avail.
It's really annoying as I thought I'd found an idiot proof system for me!
. Is a tortoise without a shell naked or homeless!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the update to iOS 7 the notes turned from yellow to white.

Did you look into the Notes app?

image-3447947218.jpg

If there's nothing visible, perhaps you'll see "Accounts" at the top left. (Not on my screenshot.) When you tap it, you get to something like my screenshot. Choose "All accounts". If the notes were in a different account, you'll see them afterwards.

There's another possibility: your notes could be somewhere between your emails.

Alavida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and all my Notes disappeared when I did a backup a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know where they might be? Apparently this app does not sync??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They might be hidden in the email account that you use for your Notes. Take a look at the Mail app, or try to access the account through a browser. If there's a "Notes" mailbox or folder, they're there.

Most reactions