What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes Plus vs. Note Taker HD

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it has an insert that slides into the 3.5 jack. I like that. I can keep up with it.

As far as phat pad, ima a doodler and you can create files for drop box or access them in other productivity apps. But drop box is the winner.

I've boiled it down to write and phat pad and you have me sold on notes plus. I may not use them all but I like the idea and they all do different things.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Legit

Now, he's legit. But is there any word on the release date or cost? I prefer Free but somethings are worth a couple bucks.

Steven.C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
goodnotesapp.com
Now, he's legit. But is there any word on the release date or cost? I prefer Free but somethings are worth a couple bucks.
Sorry, all my posts in this thread was deleted by admin... (Maybe I shouldn't suggest another app here?) I am going to upload it for review today or tomorrow, just need to make sure everything is right. It will be less than 5 bucks.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool. I'll check it out. Ty. Sorry you got banned. OP, thanks for great convo and advice. I'll probably have more questions when I actually get iPad 2.

Steven.C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
goodnotesapp.com
OK, a moderator just told me I am allowed to talk about the app here. The upcoming app is called eNote Taker, which (I think) is simplier and more intuitive and features PDF annotation. You can watch the video demo if you search "eNote Taker Demo" on youtube. :eek:

OP
M

mkitchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I signed up on your website to be notified when it comes out. How much will it be though? It looks almost the same as UPad. Although if I can zoom in and out w/ no lag then yours would be greater.

Although with no zoom to write feature that might not make it worthwhile.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mkitchen said:
I signed up on your website to be notified when it comes out. How much will it be though? It looks almost the same as UPad. Although if I can zoom in and out w/ no lag then yours would be greater.

Although with no zoom to write feature that might not make it worthwhile.

He said less than 5 which could mean 4.99

OP
M

mkitchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Doesn't seem to offer anything special to warrant being the same price as those that offer more. If it's $2 I would take a serious look at it.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mkitchen said:
Doesn't seem to offer anything special to warrant being the same price as those that offer more. If it's $2 I would take a serious look at it.

I know right.

Steven.C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
goodnotesapp.com

What make eNote Taker different from similar apps is simplicity and ease of use. For example, I think having 2 eraser tools is strange in UPAD and I am confused with the toolbar. (I am biased though)

Great effort has been made to create a smooth and seamless experience. You can use tap-hold zoom to write small print and tap-hold anywhere to zoom back to 100%. I personally use this a lot in the app.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steven.C said:
What make eNote Taker different from similar apps is simplicity and ease of use. For example, I think having 2 eraser tools is strange in UPAD and I am confused with the toolbar. (I am biased though)

Great effort has been made to create a smooth and seamless experience. You can use tap-hold zoom to write small print and tap-hold anywhere to zoom back to 100%. I personally use this a lot in the app.

Which is fine dandy hypothetically but until u release a lite version or release the app, we have no visual evidence of the ease of use. Can it truly compare with Notes + is the issue.

socalguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enote taker looks good to me in the video, I will sign up on the website. Im looking for something easy and quick.

Jwjody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I've bought both apps. Both are nice but I think I prefer Notes Plus, BUT!!!

When I opened a PDF in Safari last night it asked me if I wanted to open it in Note Taker HD, iBooks, or Evernote. I chose NPHD and was then able to set it as a template. So I can always choose that pdf as a background. Which is what I want to do because it is a daily eating "diary" of what time I ate what meal.

Now maybe I'm missing it but is there a way to export that to Dropbox as a pdf? I know I can save it to the app. And the cool thing is, the template stays, so I can open a new diary every day based on the original pdf.

I would love Notes Plus to have this same functionality. And if it does, how do I get Safari to ask if I want to send the PDF to Notes Plus, and how do I set the PDF as a possible page to be used in the program?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I've bought both apps. Both are nice but I think I prefer Notes Plus, BUT!!!

When I opened a PDF in Safari last night it asked me if I wanted to open it in Note Taker HD, iBooks, or Evernote. I chose NPHD and was then able to set it as a template. So I can always choose that pdf as a background. Which is what I want to do because it is a daily eating "diary" of what time I ate what meal.

Now maybe I'm missing it but is there a way to export that to Dropbox as a pdf? I know I can save it to the app. And the cool thing is, the template stays, so I can open a new diary every day based on the original pdf.

I would love Notes Plus to have this same functionality. And if it does, how do I get Safari to ask if I want to send the PDF to Notes Plus, and how do I set the PDF as a possible page to be used in the program?

PDF import is on the 'To Do' list for the Notes Plus developer. Once Notes Plus has this functionality, you will automatically be offered this option in Safari.

An app 'registers' the file types it can handle with iOS and iOS makes that information available to other apps so that they can implement the 'Open in' function.

Tim
Scotland

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An app 'registers' the file types it can handle with iOS and iOS makes that information available to other apps so that they can implement the 'Open in' function.
Ah... So that's how it works. Makes complete sense, and it's one of the really neat and useful ways apps interact. Simple, clever... hats off to the iOS developers for this.

Thanks, Tim! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts