What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes not syncing.

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Pro & iPhone 6.

Notes previously sync'd. Not anymore. It stopped a day or so ago. Both devices using iCloud, checked the iCloud settings, notes is enabled. I can create a calendar event on iPhone and it properly appears on my iPad & my wife's iPhone.

I can see all my notes on a browser at icloud.com. At icloud.com, if I create a new note I see nothing on my i-devices.
-----
Later:
I created a new note on iPhone and it updated everything correctly. BUT, the iPad did not update.
So I created a new note on the iPad, it still has not updated to icloud.com nor to iphone.

I have rebooted, closed all the apps, checked once again that Notes is activated in iCloud settings (I have not tried deactivating because it sez it will delete all, I guess that is ok because it is in the cloud, but I'm afraid to do this w/o knowledgeable advice.

Recap: Currently iPad is not updating Notes. It is not pushing new notes to cloud, it is not receiving from cloud.... But calendar events work properly. Ideas?

thanks, Jon

OP
J

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed...
=====
What I left out of my original post is that this problem apparently started after the most recent iOS update.
=====
In Settings->iCloud I toggled off Notes. That removed all iCloud notes from my iPad. I then restarted the iPad.

I reversed my prior steps, was presented with an 'upgrade Notes' screen, did that and observed the spinning 'something is happening' wheel in the upper left. After 10 or so minutes the wheel was still spinning but nothing showed up and I went to bed.

This morning all the notes were on my iPad.

Hope this post helps someone else.

Most reactions