What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes app. not working properly

Ronnie1a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had 1/2 doz. pages of notes and after several weeks most of the pages just disappeared. And now when I write a note it disappears as soon as I change apps. I cannot get the ipad to save any notes. Also, my manual says to click on notes in the settings, then on "accounts." But there is no "accounts" only a choice of fonts. How do I get it to save notes and are my old notes permanently lost?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you already reboot or restart your iPad? Remove the Notes app from the multitask bar?

If that didn't/doesn't help: go to Settings - iCloud and switch off Notes, then on again after a few minutes, and restart your iPad.

One possibility to retrieve them again, if all these things don't help, would be restoring them from a recent backup.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts