What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes app not unlocking using Touch ID

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
randomly locked notes are refusing to open using Touch ID and then I’m asked for the password however using Touch ID there is no password, a workaround I have found is to open a new note then set it to lock using the share box, I then lock this note, the note will then be unlocked using Touch ID which also unlocks all the locked notes therefore you can open the previously unresponsive note. You then have to toggle the lock off and on to make it responsive again. A real annoyance, have tried all the usual resets etc but problem still reoccurs.
Is there an answer or is this a bug in iOS 11

Georges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my phone then after a few days it cleared up but the ipad still demands a password for new notes so there is a bug that needs to be fixed for sure

Most reactions