What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note Taking APP....

iFreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were to choose just ONE quality note taking app, what would it be?

Penultimate, Sundry Notes, Paper Desk? Something else?

With so many to choose from it's hard to decide. I would want something easy to use, with separate folders and some means of exporting or printing....something that a student might use. Any suggestions?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it depends.... I like Penultimate, but as it already says in the name - without a pen, it's awkward using the app.

I was trying to use it for my shopping list, didn't work.....now I have to look up my old WindowsMobile-Stylus.......arrrrrggggg

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Sundry Notes is amazing...and free.

The screen capture portion of it is very cool...just wish they made it so you could stay on the screen and continue to capture without having to re-search.

Also straight URL entry would be nice.

Once multitasking API is opened it would also be nice to be able to assign a gesture to other apps to be able to use them inside the device anytime.

Agi2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Penultimate is the most accurate if you have a stylus... I also like paper desk cause it let's you record the session while you take notes, but its not as accurate when writing with a stylus

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it depends.... I like Penultimate, but as it already says in the name - without a pen, it's awkward using the app.

I was trying to use it for my shopping list, didn't work.....now I have to look up my old WindowsMobile-Stylus.......arrrrrggggg

You need a stylus that will work with a capacitive screen, a regular stylus from a pocket PC or smartphone will not work.

Look on Google for a capacitive stylus called Pogo Sketch or Pogo Stylus.
There are others as well, but the one from Ten One Designs is very popular.

Agi2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look on Google for a capacitive stylus called Pogo Sketch or Pogo Stylus.
There are others as well, but the one from Ten One Designs is very popular.

I have the pogo sketch it works great. I think the difference between pogo stylus and sketch is that sketch is a little longer therefore more comfortable for writing. There should be a sale right now for the pink ones only though, till mothers day which is like 30% off and then you can use the promo code twitter43 To get an additional 15% on top.

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Sundry Notes is best and free. Take notes right within your application, including:
* Write text (and change font color, size, etc.)
* Draw anywhere in your notes
* Search Wikipedia, Google, and Google Books - and grab images from them for your notes using two fingers
* Import PDFs from the internet
* Import images from your photo library
* Record sound/voice
* Change page background to graph paper, lined paper, legal paper, etc.

TheMitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Just ordered a pink Pogo Sketch w/discount. FYI, discount is case sensitive! Twitter43 doesn't work but twitter43 does. I'm hoping to use this to take notes at work while I'm on the phone, like jotting down phone numbers, etc. Think Penultimate and this stylus will work well for that app?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Just ordered a pink Pogo Sketch w/discount. FYI, discount is case sensitive! Twitter43 doesn't work but twitter43 does. I'm hoping to use this to take notes at work while I'm on the phone, like jotting down phone numbers, etc. Think Penultimate and this stylus will work well for that app?

Yes, I use the sketch with PenUltimate and it works fine, I only wished the app designers would allow for thinner lines. But good for quick notes or attaching signatures to e-mails or PDF's.

Another note on PenUltimate, any one else notice how the notebooks are slow to respond when switching between them? Sometimes I keep making new notebooks because it's slow on loading each view and I accidentally tap "new notebook".

Agi2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I use that combo for writing school notes and it works great!

terrclymac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Apps Recordings

Am interested in knowing what formats, these recordings for the notes apps are being saved in. I will be using my iPad in the classroom recording lectures as I take notes. I will want to refer back to the recordings not only in the near future, but also a few years into the future as well. I presently use QuickTime recordings. Another reason for asking is to help me judge how much data storage these notes will take. I need to decide on the 32 or whether I can get by with just the 16.

Thank you.

Terry

viettran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Plus

I would recommend Notes Plus (Notes Plus) with smooth handwriting, keyboard text, shape recognition, audio recording and more.

Video demo:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li3q1Lr1vxk[/ame]

Most reactions