What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not seeing Pages and Numbers files in iTunes

Drifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I wanted to transfer some files from my iPad 2 to a Windows 7 laptop via iTunes. Both the iTunes and iPad software are up-to-date.

I started iTunes on the laptop and plugged in the iPad; in the left column in iTunes, selected the iPad under devices; among the menu choices near the top of the screen, chose Apps. Toward the bottom of the iTunes window, an area appeared called "File Sharing," with a list of apps that "can transfer documents between your iPad and this computer."

When I selected GoodReader, I saw all of the documents on the iPad that I expected to see. However, when I selected either Pages or Numbers, I didn't see any of several documents I'd created in each one.

Is there anything I need to do within Pages or Numbers to "save" documents and make them visible to iTunes? When finished with each document I've just been returning to the Pages or Numbers document menu, but didn't think I had to do anything to save them per se.

CooteyBug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When viewing the invoice you want to appear in iTunes you need to press the " wrench" icon then Share and Print > send to iTunes > select type of file. I hope it's clear enough.

OP
D

Drifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very clear, and it worked great. Thanks!

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I tried that, but I do not see my document in iTunes.
Where is it?

CooteyBug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sethm1 said:
OK - I tried that, but I do not see my document in iTunes.
Where is it?

Are you looking on the bottom of the apps screen? File sharing? I'm not sure why but at times it doesn't work. I have had to try several times for it to work, sometimes disconnecting my iPad and trying again. It gets frustrating at times.

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in the world of Homer - Doh!

1. did not have the iPad connected to my PC, then
2. did not scroll down to bottom of the App page. I was double tapping the Pages icon/app!

CooteyBug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sethm1 said:
in the world of Homer - Doh!

1. did not have the iPad connected to my PC, then
2. did not scroll down to bottom of the App page. I was double tapping the Pages icon/app!

I'm glad you figured it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts