What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not cool Apple!

Jeepstergm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the new OS upgrade to my Ipad2...it deleted my application for YouTube. Now YouTube is a sub folder of Safari. Just because you're at war with Google...don't delete stuff off my IPad. Not cool Apple...NOT cool. IBM wouldn't do this.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the new OS upgrade to my Ipad2...it deleted my application for YouTube. Now YouTube is a sub folder of Safari. Just because you're at war with Google...don't delete stuff off my IPad. Not cool Apple...NOT cool. IBM wouldn't do this.

Apple's contract with Google for providing the initial YouTube app expired. The companies chose to unbundle the app and let Google provide their own in the App Store. Apple had to remove the app from your device under the terms of the contract - and yes IBM would have had to remove it as well...

The Google iPhone app was finished in time to be available in iOS 6. The iPad app is still under development.

YouTube did not go away.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
YouTube is available as a free download from the App Store

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Me and my daughter grabbed this app for our second gen iPads and it isn't nearly as smooth or as good as the original. Seems more like something for an iPod touch. The screen is small and if you make it larger the video quality is pretty suspect. Unless I missed something or got the wrong version of the app. Not to pleased about this as I guess some others aren't either. :(

AntUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me and my daughter grabbed this app for our second gen iPads and it isn't nearly as smooth or as good as the original. Seems more like something for an iPod touch. The screen is small and if you make it larger the video quality is pretty suspect. Unless I missed something or got the wrong version of the app. Not to pleased about this as I guess some others aren't either. :(

As Thewitt mentioned, the iPhone version is out with the iPad version in the works. You're just running the iPhone version. You might have better luck with Safari in the meantime - just save the youtube.com to your home screen via the "Add To Home Screen" option.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was another decision for me not to upgrade to iOS 6. I enjoy using ProTube from Cydia. ;)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AntUK said:
As Thewitt mentioned, the iPhone version is out with the iPad version in the works. You're just running the iPhone version. You might have better luck with Safari in the meantime - just save the youtube.com to your home screen via the "Add To Home Screen" option.

My bad, we did get the iPhone version. Probably explains why the screen is so small and looks like a phone. I such a bozo.

I'm sure the iPad version will be the right for us. :)

darnice

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I actually prefer the Youtube Web Page over the App anyway. I just added the webpage to the desktop and click on that to go directly there. Even looks like a Youtube Icon

Most reactions