What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noreve Leather Case For iPad Air 2

ynrozturk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say that this is not the first Noreve product I have been using. My experience with the company goes back a few years, and there is a very good reason for that. Back when I was using my Nexus 7 tablet, I spent very long hours researching a good case for it. I wanted genuine leather, great looks, and superior quality. I’m not sure where I finally stumbled on the Noreve website, but when I did, I decided to place a custom order for my Nexus 7.

I still remember the day that I got that case, and just how amazed I was by the quality of it. The leather, the stitching, the packaging, and even the smell just screamed quality. It’s a case that I still use for my N7, and I am happy to say that I have had the pleasure of experiencing a lot of cases from Noreve since then. So when my case arrived for the iPad2, I pretty much knew what to expect.

I am happy to say that even after all this time, and despite growing in popularity, there is not a drop of quality on Noreve cases. Not only that, but there seems to be an increase in quality. Minor details (such as the cut outs for the buttons) just seem to be cleaner and better than they were a few years ago. It pleases me greatly knowing that I have a case that both looks amazing (trust me, you will get a lot of questions about this case) and protects the device better than pretty much anything out there. The only other cases that offer better protection could be those hard plastic armor cases, but lets face it, those look hideous. Nothing can come close or compare to the look and feel of genuine leather.

The case arrives in a very attractive Noreve box. Within the box, there is also a soft carrying pouch to protect the case – very nice touch. Inside the carrying pouch you will find the case itself. Upon first taking it into your hands, you’ll immediately notice how wonderful it feels. Sliding the tablet inside is a piece of cake, and it’s a very nice snug, secure fit. This is not going anywhere unless you want it to.

All of the cut outs are of course in their correct places, with all of them having enough room and space for easy access, so there is no problems there. The tablet in the stand position is also very nice, as it provides an optimal viewing angle for movies and other content. The fit and finish is just something that you really need to experience for yourself, though. It’s hard to describe here. And on Noreve’s website, you can choose from a staggering set of options for your case, to different finishes and leather textures, stitching, colors, etc. These fall into the custom category and cost a bit more, but if customization is your thing then Noreve are pretty hard to beat in this category. Another thing which is hard to overlook is that they offer free shipping worldwide with DHL, which is fantastic.

In conclusion, this is another brilliant case from Noreve. After several years of experience with them, the company seems to get better and better. They listen to customer feedback and suggestions, and it shows in their products. Because quite literally, this is everything and more than what a tablet case should be.

Below are some pictures of the tablet with the case installed.

You can find the product page here.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the review - well done! Now, I hope that you have no relationship w/ this company? ;)

But, one question concerning the snap closure - is this mechanical or magnetic? And, when the case is closed, is the iPad Air 2 (assume that is the model you're describing) put to sleep? Dave :)

OP
Y

ynrozturk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, no relationship with them other than I love their cases :) Took me forever to find a company that makes good leather cases so when I found Noreve I just kinda stuck with them.

Snap closure is mechanical AND magnetic. If you just close the lid without closing the clasp, it'll put the device to sleep. Then if you want you can close the mechanical clip and have it fully secure. So yep, when the case is closed it puts the device to sleep ;)

Most reactions