What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non loading "Mint" App

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 running iOS 7.0.4. Mint appears to download properly and the icon comes up. When I touch the icon a Mint page comes up but immediately goes dark and back to the page of icons. Mint runs OK on my iPhone 4s with iOS 7.0.4 and on my Win 7 PC.

My guess is that the problem is more with my iPad than Mint.

Earlier in the week I took off the JB and installed iOS 7. I've tried an delete and reinstall the App and I rebooted the pad. All the other Apps are working fine.

So now I'm not sure what to try next.

BTW: I have also written to Mint but I don't think it's their problem.

Bob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
De-installing and downloading again is what I would have recommended.

I have Mint installed and working fine on my iPad 3 running iOS 7.04, so it should be possible.

Redundant as it may be, I'd probably try the delete and reinstall again, with a reset in middle just to make sure the RAM and (hopefully) the apps data are deleted before the next time you try to start the app.

Good luck.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I now have an open ticket with Mint. I have done the delete>reset>reinstall a few times. I don't know if the going from JB to 7.0.4 could have left anything hanging around, I doubt it. If mint can't come up with something I may put it back to factory and then install 7. Then just reinstall the apps one at a time -- That's a lot of work.

Bob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is a lot of work, but sometimes necessary, unfortunately.

Before you do that try Reset All Settings. I don't know why that would help, but it's helped in a few other instances when I didn't think it would help, and it's a lot less work than a clean restore.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My back and forth with the Mint helpdesk is not being very fruitful. They keep asking me things that I explained in my previous post. I'll give them a couple more days but I'm beginning that my life will go on quite nicely with out "Mint".

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I may have to give it up myself, though for different reasons. My bank sold me to another bank, and I won't know if the new bank is compatible with Mint until the new account opens. And then I'll probably have to start all over and lose my history; which might not be a bad thing.

I'd hate to give it up. It's the first app I've had that comes close to doing what I want without requiring me to 'remember' to enter all my transactions.

Hope Mint finds a solution for you.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a very reasonable reply from Mint. They asked me to send them the "crash log".

This was their response:

"Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting back to us.

After working with you to troubleshoot this issue, I’ve determined this is a product defect. I have reported it to our product development team for resolution in a future release. By escalating this to them, we can be sure of giving you the right solution.

Though we can't confirm when we'll have a fix, I'll be on the lookout for this case and keep you posted. In the event that I am not in the office, we'll make sure that one of my colleagues gets back to you as soon as the update is available.

Once again, thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this issue, we apologize for the inconvenience."

Seems like a responsible bunch of folks to me.

bp

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a good response to me too. Even though I'm not the one having problems, it makes me feel better about using their product. I hope the fix comes out quickly, for your sake.

OP
superfish

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, they fixed the problem. My assumption is that they uploaded Mint 2.7.1 to the app store and my iPad down loaded 2.7.1 automatically.

Really good service and I told them that.

bob

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Looks like the new version went live the 27th. That new Purchased History list comes in handy now and then.

Glad you're fixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts