What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Video from Ipad to airplay

webdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen this issue on forum but no actual resolution.
Trying to stream video from Ipad to airplay to home theater, sound comes thru but no video
Please help

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What are you airplaying to ? Only Apple TV is capable of video, all other airplay devices are currently only audio.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,

When I stream avi files I have the same situation. With mp4 files everything is fine.
So the questions are: What media file do you want to stream? To ATV? Directly from the iPad or do you use an app?

Hope this helps.

Knut

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
What are you airplaying to ? Only Apple TV is capable of video, all other airplay devices are currently only audio.

I can stream to my PCH as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
W

webdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am am using Apple TV. Cannot even stream a video from CNET reviews to TV from IPAD thru Apple TV only get sound no Video

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What ios versions are on both the ipad and atv2? I had a problem like this early on with my atv and had to update it for video airplay to start working.

Edit : just tried cnet and I get the same, might be a site problem rather than a problem with your particular hardware. Try the youtube app, that should work for you, just to confirm airplay works.

Last edited:
OP
W

webdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both iPad and atv are same iOS 4.5. Was able to stream CNN for maybe 2 mins with video then went to sound only. Is this software buggy? Anyone else having these issues?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an Apple TV yesterday and I am having the same issues.
I can airplay from my iPad to my TV (via ATV) from Youtube and I get both video and audio.
When I try the same thing with a Podcast from within iTunes on my iPad all I get on the TV is audio.
With the World Cup Rugby App if I try to use airplay on the video highlights all I get on the TV is audio. In this case the video is being downloaded at the same time as I'm trying to airplay it just like on Youtube so I guess it must be a formatting issue of some sort.

Mllwinnig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Near Milwaukee, WI. USA. Earth. Milky Way
I have seen this issue on forum but no actual resolution.
Trying to stream video from Ipad to airplay to home theater, sound comes thru but no video
Please help

AZUL! $1.99 in the app store! Once installed, paste this link in the apps browser and enjoy:

(will post link a couple messages down). Need 3 posts to post links!

Enjoy!

notats

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad to airplay

I had the same problem today, but tried my PC laptop and noticed there was a connectivity error in the network. Disconnected the laptop from the network, then added it fresh and it seems to be back to normal. When using the iPad with airplay i had lost the airplay icon apple tv option. Now its back! I think its proximity to the wireless router with the iPad2 that is the problem. Too bad you couldnt hook up a sub-router in a different room so the signal would always be excellent?

Most reactions

Latest posts