What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No stranger to Apple, but I am impressed

ChiefGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I didn't know what to make of the iPad. Sure, I saw the marketing materials and the commercial. When it came out, I purchased the 16GB Wifi. Wow, I was very impressed and I am no stranger to the Apple product line. Now, I have both the 16GB and the 64GB 3G. My wife is eyeing the 16GB.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome on board from australia Yes its a great product Mine is arriving this Friday as its International release date i cannot wait to get it

Enjoy the forum make your self at home we have every thing you need to help you enjoy your new Apple ipad.

Cheers colin

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome!

I was not all that interested in one, but wife wanted one. Got to Apple store, I messed around, walked out with 2 :)

That was over 8 weeks ago, and no buyers remorse at all...

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew I wanted one from the time I saw Steve holding it up on the stage for the first time! Even though time usually flies by at the ripe old age of 53, those three months waiting seemed to take forever. But even after spending that time reading everything I could, buying apps, I still was amazed when I finally got my hands on mine! Now we
are a 3-iPad family, and they're in constant use.

Patrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew I wanted one from the time I saw Steve holding it up on the stage for the first time!

For me it was just the opposite. Having owned an iPhone 3G and 3GS, I was completely nonplussed by the iPad announcement. I couldn't at all see how it would / could fit into my life.

However, with the delay of the international launch, I had the luxury (!?) of getting to see new owners in the US responding to the device, which I have to say has been as close to a unanimous positive experience as I've seen a gadget generate.

Then I started to realize just how much I would use my iPhone to couch surf, even when there was a laptop handy. That, the e-books capability, and the digital photo-frame capability was enough to get me to dip my finger in the lake and I put in my pre-order for the 64GB 3G model about a week after the pre-order season began. Of course, my irrepressible gadget-a-holic-ism had nothing, I repeat ... nothing, to do with this decision.

I'm scheduled for the June 7th delivery wave. Until then, I satiate my curiosity by coming to places like this and vicariously "owning" an iPad through folks like you! Just watch it who you're calling "ripe", ok??? :p

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me it was just the opposite. Having owned an iPhone 3G and 3GS, I was completely nonplussed by the iPad announcement. I couldn't at all see how it would / could fit into my life.

However, with the delay of the international launch, I had the luxury (!?) of getting to see new owners in the US responding to the device, which I have to say has been as close to a unanimous positive experience as I've seen a gadget generate.

Then I started to realize just how much I would use my iPhone to couch surf, even when there was a laptop handy. That, the e-books capability, and the digital photo-frame capability was enough to get me to dip my finger in the lake and I put in my pre-order for the 64GB 3G model about a week after the pre-order season began. Of course, my irrepressible gadget-a-holic-ism had nothing, I repeat ... nothing, to do with this decision.

I'm scheduled for the June 7th delivery wave. Until then, I satiate my curiosity by coming to places like this and vicariously "owning" an iPad through folks like you! Just watch it who you're calling "ripe", ok??? :p

let me told you a funny story …. when i show the Keynote i immediately know this is for me …. my wife not geeky at all say i don’t need it at all … but i also know how she love her 3G iPhone … so lucky us i need many device for our development (i keep in my mind she will took one since she have one in hand for a while) … what i have guess arrive 2 days after 3 pieces arrive home …

she start to ask how many will left at home … when i say no one she start to insist and try to find a way to keep one , so i have to promise to return one since as i can ….

when my 3G arrive i have to manage to give her my wifi one … and from that moment she always carry it around … and don’t dream to take it out of her hand ….

i believe that is exactly the same for many people

Most reactions

Latest posts