What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound

tritter2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no sound from speakers after placing ipad 2 on a docking station. Sound is ok from headphones and the station just not the ipad speaker. Any fixes?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to general and reset, then reset all settings then slide your slide tab on the side of your iPad to "unmute" your device might just got muted somehow.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no sound from speakers after placing ipad 2 on a docking station. Sound is ok from headphones and the station just not the ipad speaker. Any fixes?

...Also, many want to try to check this...go to Settings/General/Use Side Switch to: ...Mute (unchecked)...Lock Rotation (checked).

Moving this to the Help Section...:)

yusuf125

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also having sound issues. I have no audio at all. Once in a while I get keyboard clicks, but only sporadically. I have tried a reset, I've checked that my mute button is not on, I have tried changing the "lock rotation / mute" button.
When I switch the mute button to mute and then back again, the volume icon shows for a few seconds (although it does not respond) and then disappears. All the time I was typing this there were no clicks except for a few at the end of "sporadically" and a few more at "...although it does not respond...).
I played a you tube video from my FB account and the sound would play for about 2 or 3 seconds and then stop. The video would continue for a second or two then it too would stop. When I restarted the video, the same thing happened (a couple of seconds of audio then video but no audio for a second, then complete stop.
When I play a YouTube video from the you tube app, there is no sound whatsoever, and the volume icon does not appear when I toggle the volume button.
I'm starting to think this is an internal hardware problem rather than a software issue.
We have 5 apple devices including this iPad and this is the first time I've ever had a problem that couldn't be solved with a restart or similarly simple solution.
Any thoughts?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@yusuf125
Have it checked with your provider... I really have nothing else in mind.

Most reactions