What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound

Dee Dee 62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have any sound on my IPad. The volume is turned all the way up. There also a game I play that is very sluggish . Is there a way I can get the volume back?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have any sound on my IPad. The volume is turned all the way up. There also a game I play that is very sluggish . Is there a way I can get the volume back?

Hi Dee Dee - welcome to the forum! :) Let's just start w/ the first option, i.e. if your 'side switch' (just above the volume control, right upper side) is defaulted to mute the sound, has it been inadvertently positioned to mute? If so, then adjust - if that is not the problem, then post back for further suggestions - Dave

OP
Dee Dee 62

Dee Dee 62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Dave , checked that and switch is in the right position

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey Dave , checked that and switch is in the right position

OK Dee Dee - let's try the next stages - see the quoted steps below (and I'm assuming that you have not given these a try); first try a 'Restart', and if not helpful, then do a 'Reset' - let us know if these maneuvers solve your issue - Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts