What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad, HDMI, and surround sound`

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad 2 sucessfully connected to TV via the HDMI adapter. I want the sound to go to a receiver to utilize the 5 speaker setup I have. How can I send the hdmi video to the TV and the surround sound from movies to the receiver? Thanks for helping a AudioVideo dummy.

fairythere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most TV's now have audio out on the back panel. Just hook up that to an audio input on the tuner and you're set to go.

jh081177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the above solution but didn't work

I am having this same exact problem. I've hooked up audio out from my TV to audio in on my receiver but no sound seems to come thru my 5.1 surround sound system. I've tried 2 ways: the (red/white) audio cables and an optical cable. Am i doing something wrong? Or maybe my audio out on my TV is just broken because the audio runs fine thru my receiver when connected to my digital Cable Box. FYI, my TV is a Sony KDF-50WE655

Any ideas out there?

Most reactions

Latest posts