What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound on You Tube

Lormill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm completely new to forums, no idea how they work!

After IOS 6 upgrade on my iPad 3 I can't hear any sound on you tube. Can someone help?

Thanks x

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm completely new to forums, no idea how they work!

After IOS 6 upgrade on my iPad 3 I can't hear any sound on you tube. Can someone help?

Thanks x

Assuming it is only a sound problem re YouTube, the App may have been corrupted in some way. Double click on the home button when a row of icons that you have been using will appear on the bottom row. Press and hold any icon until it jiggles and a minus sign appears on the icons. Choose the YouTube icon and tap the minus sign to remove it.
This will not remove the icon from the iPad but will tidy it up. Go back to the home screen and start the YouTube icon again. Let us know if that works as it can help others. If no good other suggestions are available.
Hey, welcome to the forum!
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
Assuming it is only a sound problem re YouTube, the App may have been corrupted in some way. Double click on the home button when a row of icons that you have been using will appear on the bottom row. Press and hold any icon until it jiggles and a minus sign appears on the icons. Choose the YouTube icon and tap the minus sign to remove it.
This will not remove the icon from the iPad but will tidy it up. Go back to the home screen and start the YouTube icon again. Let us know if that works as it can help others. If no good other suggestions are available.
Hey, welcome to the forum!
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A more drastic measure would be to delete the app from your iPad, then re-instal it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
smileyfwb said:
Wish you tube would anyone suggest for my ipad3? Please advise.

Mostly I use YouPlayer and the YouTube iPhone app, which also works on the iPad. There's also Jasmine.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish you tube would anyone suggest for my ipad3? Please advise.
You tube was discontinued as a built-in iPad app, but you can still get YouTube for the iPad off the Web or you could try the Jasmin app in the Apps store, which I find very good. Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Mostly I use YouPlayer and the YouTube iPhone app, which also works on the iPad. There's also Jasmine.

Hi scifan57,
I too, have been enjoying use of the iPhone Youtube app as well. Or I will simply go to youtube.com.
Either or, & even sometimes both at once for reference.

Ah, generally searching for info on my near build of, and 3D with thee awesome
Align 700 E DFC HV 3GX 2.1 Super Combo.

And for a break from that, vids of AR Drone 2.0.
I really enjoy mine with thee marvelous iPad 3, "a lot". Smile
hahaha huhuhu hehhehehe
Don't mind me/us, we're just having another great day and having some fun along the way...

Chas

markfrombethesda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found that changing the side switch function to be "Mute" instead of "Lock Rotation", and then switching my sides switch to the non-red position, the sound suddenly began working. I then changed its function back to "Lock Rotation" and the sound continues to work properly. Obviously I have no idea what toggle is being triggered, but this worked for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts