What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No size menu option when emailing photos

Caro1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using ipad air 8.1.1 when I email a photo I used to get a menu come up to choose which size I wanted to send. This menu does not appear any more and any photos I send are really small. Does anyone know what has changed and how I get the menu option back? Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Using ipad air 8.1.1 when I email a photo I used to get a menu come up to choose which size I wanted to send. This menu does not appear any more and any photos I send are really small. Does anyone know what has changed and how I get the menu option back? Thanks
I've found that I still have the size menu option on pictures I took myself if I start the email process from the camera roll.
image.jpg

If I start the process from my email account I don't get the sizing option.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using ipad air 8.1.1 when I email a photo I used to get a menu come up to choose which size I wanted to send. This menu does not appear any more and any photos I send are really small. Does anyone know what has changed and how I get the menu option back?

You might want to update your iOS to 8.1.2 (unless the above is a mis-quote?) - Apple was 'fussing around' w/ the Photo App in the earlier releases of iOS 8.x - if of no help, these post back to this thread. Dave :)

OP
Caro1000

Caro1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found that I still have the size menu option on pictures I took myself if I start the email process from the camera roll. View attachment 62405

If I start the process from my email account I don't get the sizing option.
Thanks for reply, I found by accident that my email addy come up in the cc/bcc line and image listed at end. When I click on addy or image I get the menu open, not sure why it is like this but it worked.

OP
Caro1000

Caro1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to update your iOS to 8.1.2 (unless the above is a mis-quote?) - Apple was 'fussing around' w/ the Photo App in the earlier releases of iOS 8.x - if of no help, these post back to this thread. Dave :)
Thanks for reply, I found by accident that my email addy come up in the cc/bcc line and image listed at end. When I click on addy or image I get the menu open, not sure why it is like this but it worked.

Most reactions