What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO network/wifi environment. NOT connected. what job can do that?

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to used my IPAD from NO network/wifi environment. NOT connected. can turn on/off that device (main power button)? can used that camera app (picture/video)? can view that documents? can called that safi doing something? etc... any advice please!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! You can use your iPad from a place where there is no connectivity, but some features will be limited, like :

1. Accessing App Store
2. Browsing internet through Safari or any other browser
3. Playing online games
4. Accessing social apps
5. Usage of iCloud

You can still continue to use the basic features of the iPad, like using camera, viewing documents, etc.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. some stupid question. sound that safi MUST connect internet doing some and return that answer to me, is real? if off-line, safi can't used? also, if need off-line, to using camera, record video that, write some documents notepad. is it limited? (first need apps installed).

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks. some stupid question. sound that safi MUST connect internet doing some and return that answer to me, is real? if off-line, safi can't used? also, if need off-line, to using camera, record video that, write some documents notepad. is it limited? (first need apps installed).

That Safi got me kinda confused, I'll ask you a question here : There is NOTHING called Safi, so do you mean SAFARI, or SIRI? If you just tap on an icon to open it, its Safari, if you long press the home screen, its Siri. Both need internet access.

Using camera and recording video can be done offline. Documents can be written offline, but you need the app installed first, for which you need internet access.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry, is called Siri (that voice processing application). NOT safari (internet browser). do you know, run that offline application, that app store can tell me. this app is (offline application) ...etc..

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
sorry, is called Siri (that voice processing application). NOT safari (internet browser). do you know, run that offline application, that app store can tell me. this app is (offline application) ...etc..

I couldn't understand what you mean to say, but Siri cannot be utilized without internet connection.

If you meant to say how to understand whether an app requires internet or not, the answer is, it is mostly written in the app description. :)

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I never seen an app that allow's Siri to be used off line, sense it is based on Siri ability to access online data source.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The voice recognition for Siri is also done on remote servers. A compressed file of your speech is sent to Apple's servers where it is translated, interpreted, and the data looked up; then the response is sent back to your iOS device.

Siri on iOS is completely useless without an internet connection, and that includes the dictation feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts