What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Glare Screen Protector

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want an anti-glare screen protector, I suggest RadTech's ClearCal. Just reviewed it on my screen protector blog. :)

I am not a fan of screen protectors. I like glossy, shiny screens and I can never get those damn protectors to lie flat.

The problem is that I have mounted my 3G ipad in the car. The glare from the back window wipes out the screen during the daytime. I tried different mounting positions and the one that I favor has that damn daytime glare.

So I went searching for an anti-glare shield that does not make the screen look like a fuzzy mess. I tried the RadTech Anti-glare ClearCal.

Application was actually painless. The design which sandwiches the shield between protective covers makes application much easier that other types.

Once applied and the covers are removed, this is a fabulous anti-glare screen. Glare is now eliminated while the viewability of the screen remains excellent. When lit the ipad screen looks terrific. I have two ipads and I was able to do a side by side comparison. The glare reduction is extreme but the screen still looks very good when compared to the clean, shiny screen.

I highly recommend this product. ( No I have zero relationship to the company. Just a customer)

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see from the video it's a matte shield. Does it degrade the appearance of very small text? Or decrease brightness?

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably going to order this one, writeshield. I ordered one for my 12.1" Tablet it cost me $99.00, I was surprised to see it for $24.00 for the iPad.

They have the crystal clear and the Anti-Glare version. I just ordered the anti-glare one. Will see how it works.

OP
R

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found one!

Hello all. Just wanted to send a quick note that I have found a great one that works and it only costs 5 bucks! I found it on overstock.com and its the anit-glare one.

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Power Support has just released an anti-glare screen protector like they make for the iPhone. I ordered one the other day and hope I'll like it as much as I did on my iPhone.

I had one of these on my iPod touch and I swear by it. I currently have a Zagg on mine that's a little messed up and I really would like a nice anti-glare.

Anyone know if I could find one in stock at an Apple Store?

klehan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Zagg antiglare screen and I love it! It works well outdoors and you can't see the fingerprints. I had Best Buy install it and I am so glad I did, it is smooth and bubble free

NWalters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg anti glare smudge proof protector

I just put the Zagg shield anti glare smudge proof on my Ipad 2 and I have noticed these rainbow color dots all over the screen. I was told they will go away but I had it put on yesterday and it has not gotten any better. Is this normal? It is driving me crazy! I had the regular zagg shield on but it was very sticky and horrible with the fingerprints.
Please let me know if you have any experience with the anti glare smudge proof shield.

Thanks.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NWalters said:
I just put the Zagg shield anti glare smudge proof on my Ipad 2 and I have noticed these rainbow color dots all over the screen. I was told they will go away but I had it put on yesterday and it has not gotten any better. Is this normal? It is driving me crazy! I had the regular zagg shield on but it was very sticky and horrible with the fingerprints.
Please let me know if you have any experience with the anti glare smudge proof shield.

Thanks.

Yeah, I have heard ALOT of bad things about the Zagg anti-glare protector... Anti-glare protectors are really weird - some cause a 'pixelization' effect, some cause the screen to look blurry and some (but very few) actually work (by reducing glare) AND at the same time allowing the screen to shine through without distortions.

I have found the Power Support Anti-glare protectors to be the best, but at $35 each, they are VERY expensive. I also just found some iEssentials Anti-Glare screen protectors at 5Below for $5 each and they are ALMOST as good as the Power Support protectors! Power Support protectors seems to be the easiest to get imperfections out of as well (air bubbles, dust, etc) because it was a little thicker than the $5 models...

Just my two cents (and believe me, I've spent ALOT of money and time trying different protectors on my iPod, iPhone and iPad)!

Gary W. Graley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have the Power Support on my iPad, after having it for a long time now on
the iPod Touch, I knew that I had to have the same on the iPad.
VERY nervous as I started to apply it, but all went well, had one bit of
dust at the corner but wasn't in the screen area, but I knew it would
drive me nuts ;) so I gently lifted the corner and applied some tape
and it pulled the dust off and sat back down, now it's on, NO bubbles
and the feel of using it works very well, as well as cutting down the glare
which was not so great when watching movies, especially on an airplane
you either see yourself looking back at you or the ceiling of the plane...

A bit pricey and of course scary to apply but I took the advice I read
about, installed it in the bathroom after someone showered, as that
kept the dust down a bit, went very well.

I highly recommend it, a friend at work has the zagg one but the feel
put me off, that plus it didn't seem to knock down the glare much either.

He was happy with it though, said it's guaranteed for life and he already
is on his SECOND one, he messed up the first one trying to get it installed
so they sent him another ;)
G2

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NWalters said:

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I may have to take it back to Best Buy. I was doing an install today and thought I had a keyboard problem. After wasting a bunch of time, I realized it was the screen blurring the space between the dot. I have not tried it in bright light yet, that may make me change my mind. Have you noticed that the screen gives the keyboard a 3D effect?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts