What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Glare Screen Protector

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten one? If so, where did you get it from and how do you like it? Was it easy to install with no bubbles? I got the regular screen protector and gave up after trying to get it on with no bubbles!

Thanks!

Edit: I really meant Anti-Glare :)

Last edited:

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny you posted this, I was just about to ask the same thing. I ordered an Xgear anti-glare protector which should arrive tomorrow. Anti-glare is really needed in my opinion if you plan to use the pad outside. I'm also interested in it's effect on off axis viewing for movies in the car for my kids.

OP
R

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Was the antiglare screen dimmer than the crystal clear version? what are the biggest differences between anti-glare and the regular one?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive just tried the NuShield anti glare/antireflective. There is no dimming effect. I find it easier to read on the ipad with the shield on.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How has that XGear anti-glare protector worked out for ya?

Funny you posted this, I was just about to ask the same thing. I ordered an Xgear anti-glare protector which should arrive tomorrow. Anti-glare is really needed in my opinion if you plan to use the pad outside. I'm also interested in it's effect on off axis viewing for movies in the car for my kids.

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed a Zagg Shield on my iPad after trying an eBay cheapy for several weeks. I found the cheap shield to be intolerable with respect to fingerprints. it seemed like it was getting harder and harder to remove them.

The Zagg has a slightly textured surface. It diffuses glare somewhat but mostly is great with respect to fingerprints. I think it will reduce them dramatically. Installing the Zagg is tricky and I still have numerous "microbubbles". Their literature says that this is to be expected and that they would dissipate in a few days. We'll see. Meanwhile, I am definitely liking this shield.

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a follow-up, two days later the bubbles indeed disappeared on their own.

If you are finding fingerprints to be a real annoyance on the iPad, then the Zagg shield is worth considering. I was wiping off the screen all the time before. Now I hardly ever do it.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us

If you are finding fingerprints to be a real annoyance on the iPad, then the Zagg shield is worth considering. I was wiping off the screen all the time before. Now I hardly ever do it.

The Zagg shield sounds like what I'm looking for. How about the screen's sensitivity now that you have it on, sans bubbles? Is it just as easy to interact with as without?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the sgp anti fingerprint screen protector in the mail yesterday. I'll be applying tomorrow morning so I will report back maybe take some pics if I can figure out how put them in a post. ;)

Teerexx52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the Zagg and it went on well but I believe it made the text fuzzy on my ipad. I also tried a BSE and it was a total disaster. I have an SGP but haven't applied it yet. Thinking I may just use my Apple case and leave off the screen protector. What does everyone think?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main iPad complaint is the glare. It's practically unusable outside, even on overcast days. Polarized sunglasses help a bit, but not much.

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How has that XGear anti-glare protector worked out for ya?

The anti-glare properties of the film work well, we just got back from 9 days at Disney World and using the pad on the plane and our balcony was much easier with this film. The downside was that when it was shipped, a small (2-3mm) crease was made directly in the center of the film which causes a persitent bubble no matter how much I try to smooth it out. I called customer service and they'll be sending a replacement as soon as they're in stock. I recommend it.

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The Zagg shield sounds like what I'm looking for. How about the screen's sensitivity now that you have it on, sans bubbles? Is it just as easy to interact with as without?
I have not found the Zagg to interfere with the touchscreen functionality or affect the display. The texturing does reduce glare somewhat by diffusing some of the incident light. The film also has a slightly tacky or rubbery feel which I don't mind at all. I guess some people don't like that.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just realized that my brightness settings are turned down <50%. Next time I'm outside, I'll max it out and see if that helps a bit more.

Most reactions

Latest posts