What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no email attachment?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the native email app? If so you cannot attach a file directly from the program itself. What you have to do is go to whatever you are trying to send, for example a picture, you would go to your camera roll select the picture then hit the little forward arrow thing that brings up several option and one is send as email. That is the only way to do it via the native email app without jailbreaking. That is why i switched to the gmail app which has many more of these options built into it...

OP
ila_silverchair

ila_silverchair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
Are you using the native email app? If so you cannot attach a file directly from the program itself. What you have to do is go to whatever you are trying to send, for example a picture, you would go to your camera roll select the picture then hit the little forward arrow thing that brings up several option and one is send as email. That is the only way to do it via the native email app without jailbreaking. That is why i switched to the gmail app which has many more of these options built into it...

yes the native email app. i cant attach word or pdf files. can you attach docs and photos usign your gmail account? i guess i just need to purchase quickoffice pro or docs for attachment of files.....

thanks seneca18!

OP
ila_silverchair

ila_silverchair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
What app are you currently downloading and viewing the word and pdf files in?

adobe reader, pdf lite, documents, all free apps....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see. I did not realize they were missing an email sharing feature.

If you don't want or need to edit the documents you can use GoodReader to view, store, and email most document types. It is handy for other things as well.

OP
ila_silverchair

ila_silverchair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I see. I did not realize they were missing an email sharing feature.

If you don't want or need to edit the documents you can use GoodReader to view, store, and email most document types. It is handy for other things as well.

noted. i will check that app. btw, would you know if there is something wrong with app store? i dowdloaded several apps a few hours ago and up to now they are all still in WAITING STATUS......im using wifi and usually i can dl apps in seconds or minutes....

thanks for your help!

Jessy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes the native email app. i cant attach word or pdf files. can you attach docs and photos usign your gmail account? i guess i just need to purchase quickoffice pro or docs for attachment of files.....

thanks seneca18!
No problem....And yes, using the gmail app you can send photos and docs (to an extent, depending on what program you have your docs saved to) but it is great for pics because you can have more than one attachment per email (the native email app only lets you do one at a time)

Most reactions

Latest posts