What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No display

publius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just replaced both the LCD and surface screen on my Air 4475. When I power it on the Apple logo quickly flashes then the screen goes blank. My PC also does not recognize it when I plug it into the computer. ???

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just replaced both the LCD and surface screen on my Air 4475. When I power it on the Apple logo quickly flashes then the screen goes blank. My PC also does not recognize it when I plug it into the computer. ???

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Not sure which model iPad Air you own from the number given nor your country of residence, which may impact on the number assigned to your device - I've owned 3 iPads, shown in the quote below and all start w/ A.... (on the back of the iPad; also a different number is provided in Settings > About) - so please clarify.

And some other questions: 1) Which repair guide (or YouTube video) did you use - often the iFixit Website is recommended here; 2) How did you diagnose the issues that needed repair and were all fixed; and 3) Did anything go wrong during the repair and were all connections put back correctly?

With answers to these questions, hopefully one of our members who 'repairs' iPads will 'chime in' w/ some advice (I'm not in that category, sorry); but I suspect that all problems may not have been corrected, the wrong parts were possibly used, or the repair was not done properly - just guesses that you can address. Dave

iPad 2 (Wi-Fi): A1395
iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi): A1566
iPad Pro 11” (Wi-Fi): A1980

Most reactions