What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No audio from digital av adapter

Rattlehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys
I've just bought a digital av adapter and the picture works fine for both apps and iTunes movies, except the audio cuts in and out. I have a Sony Bravia tv, any ideas on how to fix this prob?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which adapter/cable is it? Is it a genuine Apple or third party cable/adapter?

Depending on the TV, there may also be additional audio set-up options.

wrb2085

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having similar problems with no audio. Any ideas?

wrb2085

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a Visio high speed, slim design, HDMI cable. When it is plugged into the iPad the audio on the iPad is disabled. No onscreen slider bar in the Music app or YouTube and the volume control on the side does not work either.

I have a Bose surround sound unit which is also a DVR/CD player with an AM/FM radio. I put it in the auxiliary mode and change the speakers back to the TV speakers. I have attached the same cable to another TV and it works perfectly fine. It just doesn't work on my den Samsung.

I am stumped! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wrb2085 said:
It is a Visio high speed, slim design, HDMI cable. When it is plugged into the iPad the audio on the iPad is disabled. No onscreen slider bar in the Music app or YouTube and the volume control on the side does not work either.

I have a Bose surround sound unit which is also a DVR/CD player with an AM/FM radio. I put it in the auxiliary mode and change the speakers back to the TV speakers. I have attached the same cable to another TV and it works perfectly fine. It just doesn't work on my den Samsung.

I am stumped! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So what you are saying is that it is the Samsung TV is the issue.

wrb2085

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure. It did the same thing at my office using our audio/video equipment. We put an external speaker in the iPad and listened that way. Hate to pay for an HDMI cable and it not work as it should.

Your thoughts?

Most reactions

Latest posts