What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NIB iPad2 downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.3.2

bumgarb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the forum.
I've read these forum posts and stickies:
-HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194
-SHSH Blobs FAQ - New & Improved for 2012!
-Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

-etc...

And I believe the answer I'm going to receive is "no blobs = no install". :(But, since I want to downgrade to something pre 4.3.3 and since I have a NIB 5.0.1 (vice 5.1), I figured I would ask.
Hoping I'm in some mystical land where the stars align to make me happy. :D

So, I'm done babbling.
I have a New in Box iPad2 with iOS 5.0.1 installed. I've done nothing to it. I need to downgrade to iOS 4.3.2.
Can I do it?

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to tell you that your beliefs are correct - without those 4.x blobs, you cannot downgrade your iPad2. Sorry.

Marilyn

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bumgarb said:
New to the forum.
I've read these forum posts and stickies:
-HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194
-SHSH Blobs FAQ - New & Improved for 2012!
-Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread
-etc...

And I believe the answer I'm going to receive is "no blobs = no install". :(But, since I want to downgrade to something pre 4.3.3 and since I have a NIB 5.0.1 (vice 5.1), I figured I would ask.
Hoping I'm in some mystical land where the stars align to make me happy. :D

So, I'm done babbling.
I have a New in Box iPad2 with iOS 5.0.1 installed. I've done nothing to it. I need to downgrade to iOS 4.3.2.
Can I do it?

Thanks!

just curious : why the need to down grade to such an out-dated IOS ?

OP
B

bumgarb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nammi,

Sorry for the delay, Holidays and all.

Two reasons, security research and wardriving.
The consolidated.db bug from iOS 4.3.2 was basically a built in wardriving service.
Beyond that, I wanted to see what kind of beneficial security aspects could come of it.
I think it is really unfortunate that the "bug" was "fixed" rather just an option to be disabled.
More unfortunate that Apple is so controlling in what iOS their products can use.

Oh well...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst it's a shame that 4.x will always be off limits to you just because of when you bought the device, Apple's approach to secuirty is precisely why it is a very good idea to sart saving your SHSH Blobs from the moment you get a new device, and update them with each and every new IOS release. You never know when they might come in handy ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts