What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Gen iPad Should Include Phone, Text

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears that The Development team has jailbroken the 3G and hacked it to send text with a T-Mobile SIM. It also appears AT&T included SIMs are locked out from text/voice, even if jailbroken.

I think Sprint was the one that did that:p

centaurcoach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please don't tell a user he shouldnt want what he wants. I want an ipad that can handle a simple voice communication, make a call, send a text. If it turns out I feel like a dork using it that way... I'll get psychotherapy.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
centaurcoach said:
Please don't tell a user he shouldnt want what he wants. I want an ipad that can handle a simple voice communication, make a call, send a text. If it turns out I feel like a dork using it that way... I'll get psychotherapy.

Hello centaurcoach, welcome to the Forum. When you get a chance head on over to the New Members forum and introduce yourself. There is also a couple of very helpful 'stickies' that help you navigate around this forum and some rules we all have to follow in order to have good times on this forum.

Regarding your specific reply to this very old thread....be aware that when this thread started, the iPad was only two months old! Most of the people participating in the thread are long gone or banned. In addition, the original iPad did not have cameras--not until iPad2--introduced in 2011. The most recent iPad version and the iPad2 all have cameras. Both vintages have the ability to make Skype, iMessage, Google Talk conversations. You still cannot make an outgoing call like you would on a telephone, but with Skype or other apps on your iPad you can take a video call.

In the two years that iPads have been around, the technology is getting closer to the idea of being an all purpose telecommunications machine.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
travroy said:
Am I right or am I right? It feels redundant setting my iPad down to check my iphone for texts or calls. I want it all on my iPad.

Bring back the home phone!

Disagree, but have you checked out google voice?

I would not buy an iPad if it had a phone in it.

Most reactions

Latest posts