What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad gets some emails and texts, but not all

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 7th Gen is receiving some of my emails and texts, but not all.
I have two accounts linked to my email and I get some from each. My text is linked to my iPhone, where I get all of my texts, but only a small number are received on the iPad.
Any idea what might be going on?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad 7th Gen is receiving some of my emails and texts, but not all.
I have two accounts linked to my email and I get some from each. My text is linked to my iPhone, where I get all of my texts, but only a small number are received on the iPad.
Any idea what might be going on?

if you go to Settings on your iPhone, you can scroll down to Messages. There you will see an option to forward messages to other devices. Check that this is toggled to ON and that your iPad is also opted to receive messages.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to Settings/Phone I don't see an option to forward messages to other devices. I see one for Notifications, which are all turned on. I also see one for Calls on Other Devices which is turned off, but I can't receive calls on my iPad anyway.

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calls on other devices needs to be turned ON. You will be able to receive calls and messages from your iPad then.

When I turn that on I get a message saying FaceTime and iCloud need to be
Sorry, I made an error in my post. The option is under Messages. You can have your texts forwarded to the devices you choose.

That solved the text situation. Thanks. But I'm still only getting some emails.
Thing is, both of those were working fine until about a week ago. I don't think I changed anything.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I turn that on I get a message saying FaceTime and iCloud need to be

Thing is, both of those were working fine until about a week ago. I don't think I changed anything.

In that case, it might be worth deleting your email accounts on the iPad and then re-entering them.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I turn that on I get a message saying FaceTime and iCloud need to be....................

In that case, it might be worth deleting your email accounts on the iPad and then re-entering them.

@ Wayne - in addition to considering Jupiter's excellent advice, have you been able to retrieve emails elsewhere, e.g. coffee shop, hotel, etc.? I'm assuming this is an issue on your home network - correct? If so, do other devices (e.g. your computer or other owner's iDevices) in your home have similar problems? If the latter affects your other electronics, you might want to reboot your modem/router and your affected devices. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One or more of your email accounts may be POP3.

Old email accounts, especially those provided by Internet Service Providers tend to be on POP3 servers (by default). This type of account is difficult to keep synced across multiple devices. It was created back when most people had one (at most) computer with an email account.

Check your mail provider's support page or tech support and see what type of account you have. If they offer IMAP or Exchange options, switch to those.

Other options are using their web based email services, email app if they have one, or migrating your email to a more modern email provider. Preferably one not tied to your ISP, so that changing providers does not entail changing your email address.

Most reactions

Latest posts