What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsstand Notification Persists!

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The little red number that notifies you of something new stays ON on my Newsstand icon although check after check reveals nothing there. How can I reset it? It really bugs me, and now I have learned to ignore it I will miss seeing new issues when there ARE any.

Roger

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try quitting the app completely in the multi-task bar.

Go to the Home screen.
Double click the Home button to open the multi-task bar.
Press and hold any icon until they all start to jiggle.
Touch the upper left hand corner of the Newstand icon to completely quit it.
Press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar.
See if the notification icon has disappeared.....

Let us know and, if it hasn't, we'll think of some other ideas.....

Tim

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Tim, but that is the first thing I tried! I've also tried switching off and a fresh boot up. Neither worked.

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Did you ever solve this one?
I've got the same thing.... I always have a number 1 on the icon and even though I've tried many times to go through everything on there, it still tells me there's something new. I've tried the closing it down from the multiapp bar and I've tried rebooting my iPad.
Any ideas anyone?

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ManicDreamer said:
Hi. Did you ever solve this one?
I've got the same thing.... I always have a number 1 on the icon and even though I've tried many times to go through everything on there, it still tells me there's something new. I've tried the closing it down from the multiapp bar and I've tried rebooting my iPad.
Any ideas anyone?

What eventually worked for me was logging out of the application through which I first subscribed to the magazine and then logging back in and checking the "download previous issues" box. I did a couple of other things at about the same time, so I can't be sure this was the solution but it's worth trying.

Roger1122

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roger1122 said:
What eventually worked for me was logging out of the application through which I first subscribed to the magazine and then logging back in and checking the "download previous issues" box. I did a couple of other things at about the same time, so I can't be sure this was the solution but it's worth trying.

Roger1122

Hi
Thanks for the help. In the end I just set it to not use the badge alert in the notification centre.
It's a work around rather than a solution, but it's gone so I'm happy.

Most reactions

Latest posts