What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News stand and zinio

Trainwire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stay away from pixelmag they sell $2.00 apps that have no magazines in them! I got suckered into two of them, I downloaded them both the same night, should have done one and checked it out. Zinio is way more credible company I have never had any problems.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can I put any zinio purchases on my newsstand?

Hi Julie - well you know that is not going to happen - this is competition, i.e. who gets the money! :thumbsdown:

I have 3 Zinio mags and enjoy the app and don't want to lose it! So I sent an email to them and received the response below - not sure that this is helpful but I'll just continue w/ my Zinio subscriptions at the moment.

Interestingly, I subscribe to Sound & Vision which has an app on Newsstand, but I'm apparently not able to get the same service on the iPad - personally this STINKS! I'll be avoiding even looking at Newsstand unless better options are offered - who knows? :mad:

Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

We have no current plans to integrate with Newsstand. The app is safe. You can also purchase from Zinio.com directly to avoid Apple getting a cut of the profit. We currently do not offer Nook support. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance!

Kind regards,

Maren
Zinio Customer Support

magreader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelmags.com
Personally, I use PixelMags distributed products. Currently, there are over 60 magazine titles on Newsstand distributed by them, with each magazine having multiple issues available. They are constantly adding new ones to newsstand as well. You can see for yourself at No links - Read the forum rules. In order to be on Apple Newsstand, it’s a requirement to have more than a few issues available to read.

Edited by Moderator - Gabriel1

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts