What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcomer With Question About Screen Rotation

LGoulder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my I Pad a year and just discovered that my Home Screen is supposed to rotate, but it doesn't. Yes, I have my settings button on mute and my multi tasking symbol at the bottom is on unlocked, but my screen doesn't rotate on anything and never has. Any suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the upper right side of the iPad that's held in portrait mode (with the Home button at the bottom), you should find a rocker switch. Move it to the opposite position from where it is now. That should turn off the rotation lock.

Marilyn

Keith26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to settings app, then general. Down toward the bottom you can select function of the side switch from mute to rotate screen. Select the latter.

OP
LGoulder

LGoulder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done both of those but I still don't get rotation. My son things I have a hardware problem. We tested this by downloading a "bubble
level" type app and it won't work either.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried double clicking the home button to reveal the task bar.....then scroll all the way to the left where there should be a curved arrow, if it has a padlock in it then touch it to remove the padlock, if it doesn't have a padlock in it then tap it twice to show, then remove the padlock, then hit the home button and see if it now rotates?

The Archangel

OP
LGoulder

LGoulder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I've set the unlock on the side AND at the bottom but it still doesn't rotate.

Most reactions

Latest posts