What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie questions..

haydennd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looking in to getting an i-pad 32G+WIFI and i have a couple of questions before i head to the store:

1) i know there is no usb plug in so i would not be able to pull music and movies off of an external hard drive. only through i-tunes right?

2) i know there are a lot of apps for i-pad. are there places to get free apps?

3) if i have a 120G i-pod not all of my music will fit on my i-pad right?

still new to this stuff so be gentle and thanks in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) Mostly true. You must use the cable supplied by Apple, but the computer end of that is USB. iTunes is the easiest way to put movies and music on the iPad, but there are third party ways. And you can purchase music and movies directly on the iPad itself, through iTunes.

2) Already answered.

3) Obviously, if you have more than 32 GB of music it will not fit on the iPad. Just like your iPod you can choose whether to try and sync everything (not recommended if you've got that much music) or you can sync individual songs, albums, artists, and playlists.

Most reactions

Latest posts