What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Yahoo! Weather app in Australia

this man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed there is a problem with the new Yahoo! Weather app not getting it's data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (the BOM as we call it). I find it's off by a few degrees compared to an app I have that does get it's data from the BOM.

Is there any news about whether or not this will be fixed?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed there is a problem with the new Yahoo! Weather app not getting it's data from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (the BOM as we call it). I find it's off by a few degrees compared to an app I have that does get it's data from the BOM.

Is there any news about whether or not this will be fixed?

Hi man!:) from Adelaide here. I'm finding the same problem with apps I've tried produced, I can only assume, by overseas developers. It could be time-zone differences or lags in updates of weather via the app, but I only use our local BOM for real accuracy. You would I think get better accuracy if you were to put the Melbourne/Victorian BOM link onto your iPad screen.
Having said that, I find that the Weather Now app I'm also using to check the weather/temp of my overseas friends' areas quite accurate and nice to use. I see it's still free, so could be worth a try also.

ygemugug.jpg

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts