What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user introduction

eleaders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am learning there are somse serious issues I have to get over with my new iPad.

First I tried posting to this forum using the iPad app....good freaking luck with that.

Then I wrote a long message on the forum using safari. Don't hit the wrong button or youl be on another screen and be yelling explicatives with regard to the time lost. Better save this.

Nice thing is I can edit my posts.

First thing I had to figure out is how to create favorites (bookmarks) in Safari. Not too hard to learn. A little trickier deleting them. I also have Apple TV. I am somewhat disappointed that apps and what not are not available on the Apple TV. Especially Safari. Why is this?

Also

Where are the navigation keys on the keyboard? I need to go to the last line on this post and I have to start selecting stuff to do it....then when I see the last line I click after the period. Not too convenient if you ask me.

I enjoy my iPod... Why is it that the full iPod interface is lacking in the iPad? I really liked the alarm feature and sleep timer.... Not here. I have to download a separate app...

Sorry for all the complaining...maybe just buyers remorse.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before you can post using the iPF app, you have to login with it. That used to have it's own, highly visible, icon. Now it is a small blue button at the bottom left of the Forums page. Logging out is done on the Profiles page. Most of us never log out, which is why many haven't noticed the change.

Deleting bookmarks can be done wholesale by taping the edit button at the top right of the list, then then tap the red minus sign, then the delete button. Whole folders can be deleted this way. For individual bookmarks you can swipe across them right to left, and tap the delete button when it appears.

Can't do anything about Apple TV.

To accurately place the cursor in text, place your finger near where you want it, and hold. A magnifying glass will appear shortly. Drag your finger to move the cursor where you want it. Sometimes, with smaller fonts, you may need to slightly rock the finger left or right to get perfect placement. Like most things you get used to it, and even good at it with practice.

Your iPod Touch with do this too, btw. Or should if it's a recent version with up to date software.

You'll also get a menu that will let you select, select all, or paste (if something has been copied).

Apps Apple didn't include left the market wide open for third party apps. There are lots of alternatives for every should-have-been-there app. Many are free. Many have more and better functions than the originals. And it isn't really that hard to download an app, is it? :)

Give the iPad a little more time before you give up and ask for a refund. It may grow on you.

Most reactions

Latest posts