What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Forum, New to iPad

cooper01s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just got my first iPad after wanting 1 for a few years but couldn't bring myself to buy 1 as I had the impression they were just a big iPhone and I have an iPhone already.
Took the plunge and got myself an iPad mini in the thought I'm going to use it for work as my diary/notepad/etc

I'm a plumber/gas engineer so 1st of all wondering about any handy apps, I already have easy gas for safety certificates etc
Looking for a notepad/diary with no times, that I can export as PDF to print and would be handy if I could use tabs and bullet points

Does anybody know if there is a way to do away with the times on the standard calendar?

Thanks
Sean

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums, Sean, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 292,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm a carpenter & cabinetmaker and now do most of my work-related computing on an iPad. Informant Pro is a good all-in-one app for contacts, calendar, tasks and notes. For simple on-the-fly text-only note taking I use Simplenote and Nebulous Notes - Nebulous Notes is nice in that it has a customisable row of keys above the keyboard, so I can always have numbers available when I'm typing up a note; most of my work notes include dimensions, so this is very useful to me!

If your notes need to include diagrams or photographs, then Note Anytime is a very useful alternative. I do all my job estimating and invoicing in Quick Sale, which I thoroughly recommend. DropBox of course, as a way of moving docs and stuff around as required, and GoodReader for general file management, PDF annotation and a bunch of other stuff that comes in handy...

Enjoy your iPad - it's changed the way I work.

Cheers, Pete

Kaedesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
welcome to this community i am sure you would enjoy the stay here, just make it large

Kaedesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there everyone..i am a new guy here so thought of making an intro..i am a huge fan of devices from Apple so it was quite obvious to join this community..so hoping to have a good time here.

Most reactions

Latest posts