What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad2

LindaPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband received an iPad2 for his 70th bday. I am trying to help get it set up. It is quite different from my old Dell. I have managed to figure out how to download apps, set up email and use most of the features. I have one problem. I'd like to import bookmarks from Firefox. I have found several answers, but cannot get a menu bar to open on Safari. Is this possible? Are there other browsers available?

Learning something new keeps us going!

Any help would be appreciated.

LindaPro

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you turn on the bookmarks bar in settings>safari? Also, did you know that the open book at the top when safari is open is bookmarks? Don't get discouraged - the iPad is its own thing and not like a Dell, but I hardly use my pc anymore now that I've learned to use the iPad.
Welcome to this forum.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Linda--Czevski gave you some great info for you to try out. Give it a go and continue to work with your iPad...soon enough you will love your iPad and absolutley forget your laptop!!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that any instruction you have found for migrating bookmarks from FireFox to Safari are probably for the OS X or Windows version of Safari.

I don't know of any way to directly sync your FireFox bookmarks to Safari on the iPad.

But if you do download Safari on the computer and export/import your FireFox bookmarks to it; then you can sync the computer's Safari bookmarks with the iPad's using iCloud.

A pain, I know. And it won't keep them in sync. It's just and export/import.

There are a few third party app in the App Store that will sync with your computer's FireFox bookmarks and history; but they are only in that app. You open that app, choose your bookmark, and it opens the webpage in another browsers; either Safari or a third party browse of your choice.

And while I don't know of a browser off the top of my head, I'm sure there are third party browsers in the App Store that will sync with FireFox. You can't change them to be the default browser, but that shouldn't be an issue most of the time.

OP
L

LindaPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and all the prompt responses. I think the right answer for us will be to load safari on the computer, export/import and then sync to ipad. Will work on that a little later.

Again, thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts