What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to IPAD2

djross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been wanting to purchase an ipad for quite some time, and finally did it this past weekend. I've struggled with wifi + 3g, and finally opted to go for both. Then, just when i thought i had it all figured out, and went in to the Apple store to purchase 64gb wifi +3g (at&t), three people in the apple store told me i only need 32gb. really?? i have a few weeks to exchange it, so would like to hear feedback on why they push 32gb. is it just so that i'll have to buy a new in a year when the apps get bigger?

Also, looking for tips, hints... what is the best book reading app? where to get videos and tv shows? and are they free?

I'm working my way through the forums, so maybe i'll find a wealth of info here... hoping so... very excited ;-)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, hi and welcome. :D I personally prefer iBooks because I can download samples of any books I want, which is helpful since I'm too poor to buy any full priced books right now. It also has a lot of great features and customizations.

I mainly use Netflix streaming for movies and TV shows, though, so no help there.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
djross said:
I have been wanting to purchase an ipad for quite some time, and finally did it this past weekend. I've struggled with wifi + 3g, and finally opted to go for both. Then, just when i thought i had it all figured out, and went in to the Apple store to purchase 64gb wifi +3g (at&t), three people in the apple store told me i only need 32gb. really?? i have a few weeks to exchange it, so would like to hear feedback on why they push 32gb. is it just so that i'll have to buy a new in a year when the apps get bigger?

Also, looking for tips, hints... what is the best book reading app? where to get videos and tv shows? and are they free?

I'm working my way through the forums, so maybe i'll find a wealth of info here... hoping so... very excited ;-)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm surprised that they do that at all, maybe they just had a lot of the 32gb model to sell as opposed to the 64gb I have the 64 gb, as I didn't want to worry about space issues. It really is a personal choice though. Some who are good at managing apps, books and music and movies get the smaller gb models and for some it is a matter of finances. It's your choice?

If you are reading through the many threads here you would certainly have found a wealth of information already and this is probably the best way for you to make an informed choice on the many apps available.

It certainly is an exciting time when you first receive an iPad and believe me the thrill of it just keeps going when you discover more of the myriad of ways that the iPad will serve you. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts