What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad Mini Retina 2nd Generation

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my new Apple iPad Mini Retina Display 2nd Generation. I was wondering when charging the iPad can I use my PC to charge ? When I connect to my PC i see a message saying not charging. Also I was wondering is it possible to transfer files that was returned from Tune In Radio to my PC ? I can't seem to find the mp3 file that I recorded from Tune In Radio on my iPad Mini Retina Display.

Thanks,

Dave -

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
also wanted to ask a question about using the iPad in the itunes store. I also have a ipod and some app i downloaded to my ipod is saying already downloaded when i try to download to my new ipad. I have tried to use the install all apps to ipad but doesn't install.
How do i re-install software that says already downloaded ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Go to Settings (app) - General - Usage - Storage and delete the apps there, if you can find them. Then go to App Store - Purchased and "reinstall" the apps. Keep in mind that not every app that works on the iPod will be available on the iPad as well.

Your PC will charge the iPad, but very slowly - it doesn't provide enough power to charge the iPad sufficiently and as quick as a wall socket. That's why it shows the "Not charging" icon when you connect it to the computer.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Go to Settings (app) - General - Usage - Storage and delete the apps there, if you can find them. Then go to App Store - Purchased and "reinstall" the apps. Keep in mind that not every app that works on the iPod will be available on the iPad as well.

Music generally can be found in the Music app. "Recorded" means you didn't purchase, download or sync it?

Your PC will charge the iPad, but very slowly - it doesn't provide enough power to charge the iPad sufficiently and as quick as a wall socket. That's why it shows the "Not charging" icon when you connect it to the computer.

Hope that helps.

Hi...Thanks...actually the app is MagicJack and it not on my ipad..when i do a search for it on my ipad mini it doesn't show up. I'm only able to find it at the itunes store. I did look for the app there in "purchased" but didn't see the app there. Thanks for the info on charging the ipad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi...Thanks...actually the app is MagicJack and it not on my ipad..when i do a search for it on my ipad mini it doesn't show up. I'm only able to find it at the itunes store. I did look for the app there in "purchased" but didn't see the app there. Thanks for the info on charging the ipad.
You'll find apps in the App Store.
In App Store - did you search for it, changing to iPhone only at the top left:
image.jpg

This is the result I got when I searched for it. The only one I found is an iPhone app, but I don't know if it's the one you're searching for. If it's not the right app, it's not compatible with the iPad, I suppose.

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll find apps in the App Store.
In App Store - did you search for it, changing to iPhone only at the top left:
View attachment 58769
This is the result I got when I searched for it. The only one I found is an iPhone app, but I don't know if it's the one you're searching for. If it's not the right app, it's not compatible with iPad, I suppose.

yes that's the one i need...but its not showing up when i search the app store on my ipad.

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you need to to is tap the link scifan57 provided. That's the app on my screenshot.
when i go to the app store on my pc for the Magicapp it doesn't let me download..it says already downloaded (to my ipod)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use your iPad: tap the link scifan provided, it will direct you to the App Store, where you can download the app.

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use your iPad: tap the link scifan provided, it will direct you to the App Store, where you can download the app.

I just tried that..it only makes the screenshot bigger...it does not open a link at the app store to download it.can you post the url address ?

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it installed! I sent myself a link and it installed...thanks

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it installed! I sent myself a link and it installed...thanks
after opening and setting up Magicjack i received a message saying i won't be able to receive calls unless i allow notifications...I looked in the magicjack settings couldn't find it...i also looked at ipad settings found some notification settings but not sure where to look to do this. I called my phone it didn't ring there so i still need to correct this.

OP
D

Dave Freeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
working now...i needed to turn on sound notifictions...thanks for all your help.

Most reactions