What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum-need advice

azhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's new retina display ipad receives email fine and sends email fine but when forwarding from her cox account it immediately goes to the out box and remains there. A message says her email address has been rejected by the server. The forwarding works fine from her computer.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife's new retina display ipad receives email fine and sends email fine but when forwarding from her cox account it immediately goes to the out box and remains there. A message says her email address has been rejected by the server. The forwarding works fine from her computer.

What is happening is that the Cox account servers are not accepting the email. I would have to say, then, that you've set the account up on your iPad as a POP e-mail account. With it this way, the only way to send e-mail using the Cox account is if you are at home using the Cox network.

The only way around this is to set the account up as an IMAP account, if Cox has protocols to do so. If they don't, I'm afraid your only solution is to set up another, non-Cox e-mail account that will allow you to use it as IMAP (or Exchange). Something like Gmail...

Sorry, but its a security measure set up by a lot of ISPs - POP mail must be authenticated or else it won't go through. And, the only authentication possible is if it is coming from the ISP's home network.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
A

azhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will pursue that avenue.
Gary

Most reactions

Latest posts