What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Apple product

audsnends

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was very lucky and won an iPad 2 from a local business. As I've been saving for an eReader I was doubly lucky. I'm not sure whether it's because I've been a Windows user for 10+ years or my age but I find using Apple VERY challenging.

I've managed the basics (I think :D) but still have a long way to go and look forward to all the help anyone is willing to give (along with their patience).

My first thread/question/assistance will be how to transfer a ePUB eBook (from my local library) from my Windows pc to my Apple iPad 2.

Lynn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... i hope you enjoy the community.

Please remember to read those rules!

Thanks,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first thread/question/assistance will be how to transfer a ePUB eBook (from my local library) from my Windows pc to my Apple iPad 2.Lynn

Hi, Lynn! Welcome to the forum.

I know you said you'd post a thread to ask this question - but, please allow let me be proactive and give some advice.

Take a look at the app Overdrive (in the App Store ... free!). With it, you can browse to your local library's web site and browse for e-books. You can also check out the library's books and then read them using this app, right on the iPad. You don't have to do any transferring from your PC or anything. You do all the library stuff right on the iPad via this app.

It's a great app, IMNSHO, mostly because it's by the same people who run the e-book software that most of the public libraries are using. It's the one I use to read my public library books.

Again, welcome - and I hope this helps (or at least saves you some research time).

Marilyn

OP
A

audsnends

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My AHA moment

I had the app Overdrive but I was making the process complicated. Fortunately our local library had a course on ebooks and the instructor was able show me the simple easy procedure.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts