What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Apple and Ipad

Rich in Cal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All:
I just bought my wife and I an Ipad 2 and am trying to learn how to begin working with them. One thing I ran into first is I could not log into my banking account or my stock account, had to down load their particular app. I am wondering what other areas do not work as my MS Windows systems do. Will things I normally use Internet Exp work with the Apple browser? I don't want to just blindly walk into something that will jam up the system. Thanks
Rich

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
You will soon find that the iPad works nothing like Windows PCs. You will generally need to use a particular app for functions you are used to in Windows. This is not a bad thing, as you will find that there is, quite literally, an app for that... As to jamming up the system, nah, you really have to try really hard to mess up the iPad. I have found it nearly indestructable, software-wise. There may, will, be sites that will not work the same with Safari as they did with IE, but you will have to find those.

Don't be afraid to play, there is nothing you can do that will break the iPad. If an app doesnt work right, delete it and try another one. It took me a couple weeks to get the iOS way of computing under control. Just ask questions.

OP
R

Rich in Cal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I have looked for an Ipad app for Facebook, but can not find one, or how to log on. This is not a real problem, just look at it once in a while on my laptop. And, I did not get the Ipad to look at Facebook anyway. Just one of those things that are different.
Rich

OP
R

Rich in Cal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, stupid me. I was looking on the web, not the most obvious place!!!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth

Most reactions

Latest posts