What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New release date for Upgraded iPad Air???

jaybird28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked a ton on this site but I'm a newbie so I get a mulligan. Whats the latest on a new iPad Air??? I'm in the buying mode!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Late fall, around the end of October, most likely. Of course, no one knows for sure, with the possible exception of Tim Cook. :)

OP
J

jaybird28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is a silly question but will the upgrade merit waiting for an owner of a bad Droid tablet? I rely on my iPhone 5 for 80% of my activity(including photos) and plan on upgrading to an iPhone 6 phone when my verizon contract ends in Nov. I. quess I'm asking if I can get a steal price on the current iPad without waiting for upgrade.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The prices for the current iPad Air are unlikely to drop much until after the new iPads are out. There will probably be a few sales in the next month or two, but if the past is any indicator they will be for the bottom tier iPads. I don't recommend them to anyone who wants the tablet for more than internet access, reading, and casual gaming.

On the other hand I don't expect the new iPad Air (or whatever they call it) is going to be leaps and bounds better than the current model. It will probably have a fingerprint sensor, a bit more speed, and something else that makes it desirable over the current model. Other than that, who knows.

So, if you are in a hurry to get an iPad Air and find a fantastic deal, you probably won't regret it too much.

If you like to have the best you can get, wait.

I have an iPad Air and do not expect to upgrade this cycle. It will be the first time I don't get the newest iPad. That's how much I feel the tablet has grown.

I am, however, planning on a new iPhone. Mine it two years old now, and the contract will be up soon.

OP
J

jaybird28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great advise!! Thank You I wont use my tablet for much more than basic home use so I'm leaning towards your advise. I'm tired of Android for two years for basic stuff

OP
J

jaybird28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last question An iPad Air is all the same. Its just about 16, 32, 64---Correct????

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sort of. There are two base models in four storage sizes.

You can buy an iPad Air wi-fi, or an iPad Air wi-fi + cellular. Sizes are 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB. Besides having the ability to connect to a wireless carrier, the wi-fi + cellular model also has a GPS. Even if you don't think you want the cellular plan the GPS is nice to have.

At the bottom of the Apple Store's page for the iPad Air there is a Choose the iPad That's Right for You section that goes into more detail.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-air

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Their are 2 versions of the iPad Air 16, 32, 64. Wifi only and wifi + cellular.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't see your post, must have squeezed it in mere seconds before mine!

Of course the 128 too.

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I currently have an iPad Air, and an iPhone 5s... For a brief, shining moment, I'm cutting edge. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts