What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new owner

kgking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered an Ipad and found this site thru google. Looking to use the Ipad for my photography business. I look forward to reading and learning a lot.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Kgking, Welcome to The Forum.

Just ordered an Ipad and found this site thru google. Looking to use the Ipad for my photography business. I look forward to reading and learning a lot.

Please be sure to do a search on photography in this forum. There has been a lot of discussion of the camera connection kit, about RAW files, about sorting photos into albums, etc. I am a photographer too. I thought the iPad would be a great device to have out in the field to use as a photo back up and to do some quick post processing work on some of my files. I have realized that the iPad is a great device to display photos. I have to do all my post processing on a PC with a full blown copy of Photoshop and then download my finished files onto the iPad. Because the iPad is so versatile it is hard to remember that the iPad is a very sophisticated photo displaying device.

Don't get me wrong, there are great apps like Photogene that attempt to do what Photoshop on my PC can do in great detail but it just is not the same. You don't have a pixel level ability to control sections of a file on the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
K

kgking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I use CS4 /Lightroom for post processing. I am looking to use the Ipad for documents/invoices and showing the client my portfolio and doing slight processing in the field if needed.

Kevin

Most reactions

Latest posts