What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member with pre-order on first day - interested in creative uses for iPads

BethAsheville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just posted a discussion topic on facebook about iPad uses. I hope I'll get some responses! :)

Here's what I posted there, in case I get anyone reading this. ;)

I'm 63 years old and preordered my iPad on the first day. I especially want to read books, with the ability to change text size and brightness and to white on black viewing while sitting on the couch watching TV in the evenings. My aging eyes will be much happier than today's squinting at the ever-smaller type in newspapers and magazines! And I love the Internet mini-laptop capabilities.

I'm a retired IBMer (system programmer) and mostly use computers with Windows -- but I enjoy my iPod and iTunes, so I predict happiness in April with improved quality of life.

When I do my yearly drive to see family and friends in other states this summer I'll take my iPad along. Some of them have wifi, plus I sometimes stay in hotels and can use free wifi there.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to do in places without wifi. Of course, I can read previously-downloaded books, but will I be able to play games like freecell? I wish I had a sudoku grid where I easily could key in temporary numbers. On a recent plane trip I used a printed out big grid with penciled-in numbers. I'd rather use an iPad app for that... I'm interested in any apps that are fun ways to exercise the brain.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is good for play Sudoku

I just posted a discussion topic on facebook about iPad uses. I hope I'll get some responses! :)

Here's what I posted there, in case I get anyone reading this. ;)

I'm 63 years old and preordered my iPad on the first day. I especially want to read books, with the ability to change text size and brightness and to white on black viewing while sitting on the couch watching TV in the evenings. My aging eyes will be much happier than today's squinting at the ever-smaller type in newspapers and magazines! And I love the Internet mini-laptop capabilities.

I'm a retired IBMer (system programmer) and mostly use computers with Windows -- but I enjoy my iPod and iTunes, so I predict happiness in April with improved quality of life.

When I do my yearly drive to see family and friends in other states this summer I'll take my iPad along. Some of them have wifi, plus I sometimes stay in hotels and can use free wifi there.

I'm not sure what I'll be able to do in places without wifi. Of course, I can read previously-downloaded books, but will I be able to play games like freecell? I wish I had a sudoku grid where I easily could key in temporary numbers. On a recent plane trip I used a printed out big grid with penciled-in numbers. I'd rather use an iPad app for that... I'm interested in any apps that are fun ways to exercise the brain.

Beth in iTunes have many Sudoku for free, and game card like free-cell or Solitaire ... so many more and most of then are for free

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Beth, welcome to the site, glad to have you here!

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I like some of the word games such as word find which is free. I have used scrabble on my ipod touch but think it will be far better on my new iPad when it gets here. The larger screen will make all the word games easier. Welcome and I also just signed up today. I pre ordered mine about 4 days ago I guess it was.

Most reactions