What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member - thinking about getting an iPad...

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Android (Sprint HTC EVO 4G) phone, but want something bigger for eBook reading, email, social stuff, web surfing and some media. I've looked at the Android tablets, but I don't think they're quite ready for prime time just yet. So I'm thinking it's time to look at an iPad.

But now I'm hearing of the iPad 2 that's supposed to come out by mid next year. I understand it's supposed to include a camera(s) and a better screen, but I guess not much more is known about it. If history repeats itself, Apple will sell the new iPads at current iPad pricing, and lower the price of the 1st gen iPads. Having a camera would be nice, but not necessary. I missed the Black Friday sale with the $41 off new iPads - oh well...

So my main question here is how much memory will I need based on my specified usage above? Will 16GB be sufficient, or should I be safe and spend the extra $100 and get the 32MB version? And I think I'll be opting for the 3G as well. And is there anyway I can purchase an iPad without having to pay sales tax or inflated prices (aka eBay)?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More than likely there will be an iPad 2 but who knows what new features it will include. As for the size depends on how you use your device. I stream movies/music and have a 32gb iPhone for my music. But if you want everything saved so when your on a plane ect.. Then the larger one is a better choice.

Most reactions