What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Mach 3 Composites Carbon Fiber iPad Covers

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glossy wifi carbon fiber iPad cover side view. Mach 3 Composites.
Left side is top.

J9wZi.jpg

Last edited:

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is awesome. Thanks again Kevin. I'm going to go place my order right now.

Edit: order placed with two day shipping.

-Mike

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3G cover custom fit in our iPad case, also shown is our iPhone 4g case by Mach 3 Composites.

uO27C.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why no picture about the inside and the border ??

Not sure I understand your question. If you look at the last post on page 2 you will see a picture of the inside of the case with the cover in it. What is the border?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why no picture about the inside and the border ??

Not sure I understand your question. If you look at the last post on page 2 you will see a picture of the inside of the case with the cover in it. What is the border?

Ho sorry i have not see the picture in the page two …. the one i prefer is the suit case for iPad , but pity no handle and no way to have it in No Name (mean No Logo) as i prefer stuff like this than big logo in it

Good job i guess the cover will be success

by the way the iPhone4 look like sweet too

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice cases. Kudos Mach3Composites and Merry Christmas!

(interested in the 3G matte version, however without the apple logo cutout. Is it possible to have it ordered without the hole? I read your post on why you only make the two versions, however, not cutting the hole may be one less step in the manufacturing process, yes?)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score

(interested in the 3G matte version, however without the apple logo cutout. Is it possible to have it ordered without the hole? I read your post on why you only make the two versions, however, not cutting the hole may be one less step in the manufacturing process, yes?)

Should not be a problem, use our contact form on our web site when you are ready and we will take care of you. Happy Holidays!

Kevin

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the Carbon Fiber enthusiast. Ipad in our Ipad cover in our Ipad case. Mach 3 Composites.

9CqsN.jpg

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Should not be a problem, use our contact form on our web site when you are ready and we will take care of you. Happy Holidays!

Kevin

Thank you for your response, and flexibility to accommodate me in the final design.

I do have a quick question regarding the hole over the apple logo. I've read somewhere that the 3G antenna rests just behind the logo(although it makes more sense to me that it would be at the top of the 3G iPad where the black plastic strip lies, and that wifi is received behind the logo, like it is on iMacs for example) .. is the functionality of the cutout primarily for better reception? I'm currently using wifi only on my 3G iPad along with a mobile router that converts 4G to wifi, so by opting for no cutout, would there be any reception difference compared to a shell that has the cutout?

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3G Dismantled: There Are Five Antennas

There are actually FIVE antennas in this iPad: Two antennas handle the cell reception — one is in the RF window on top, the other attaches to the LCD frame. A single GPS antenna is also housed in the RF window on top. Just like the iPad Wi-Fi, there are two antennas that handle Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity, one in the Apple logo and another to the left of the dock connector.

Oltrelogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Very nice looking covers! The cover/iPad combination will also fit into our carbon fiber iPad cases. Thanks for this.[/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts