What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Owner Questions

edfrmva1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

Merry Christmas. Got an iPad for a Christmas present.
Will have many questions. I have a Mac with OS 10.6.5
and includes iCal and Address Book. Many details on both. Have tried to synch my iPad to my Mac with the cable provided with the iPad. Does not show or ask what I want to synch. I would like to synch the stuff on my Mac to my iPad. Possible? If yes, how? Also, is there a preference selection for Safari so I can set a Home Page? Also, is there a way to set a Bookmarks Bar on the iPad? If yes, how? Thanks in advance. Hope I put this in the right place.

Ed

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Consider Dropbox (cloud) with 2GB free. Install Dropbox on Mac and Dropbox app on Ipad. Simply copy/paste on Mac, open on Ipad. When it opens you can leave in the cloud storage or open with an app that's appropriate. You'll have to find apps that will open your files.

I'm a PC person so kmow less about the programs you mention but the calendar app is there and I sync it with Google cal on my Touch and Ipad. Will Mobile Me work for you?

Diane B

Last edited:

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To see the Safari bookmarks bar:

Settings App->Safari->Always Show Bookmark Bar

There is no home page for Safari. Just add a bookmark to your favorite page.

Btw, many here use an alternative browser as Safari has a lot of limitations. I recommend Atomic Web Browser.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
press the icon with box and arrow then says add bookmark, navigate to bar folder and its there. :)

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wrecklass said:
To see the Safari bookmarks bar:

Settings App->Safari->Always Show Bookmark Bar

There is no home page for Safari. Just add a bookmark to your favorite page.

Btw, many here use an alternative browser as Safari has a lot of limitations. I recommend Atomic Web Browser.

How does one import bookmarks from Safari to Atomic Browser?

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I did everything according to the instructions and all went well until I told AB to import. It said it could not read file from the server. Shame it cannot be done directly on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts