What's new

New iPad Mini 4 setup question

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
20
I just received my Mini 4. This one is the model A1550 with cellular and I would like to know if there is any way to stop the pop up prompt that reminds me that there is no sim card installed. I don't plan to ever use this iPad Mini with a cellular connection so I don't need this reminder showing up when I power it up. Thanks for any help on thiis.
 
find an old deactivated sim card and pop it into the ipad, thats pretty much it.
Thank you for the information. I don't know where I will find one in my area but I will look for one.
 
My Pro wifi+cellular stopped nagging me. In Control Center (swipe up from the bottom) make sure the cellular radio is turned off

0FAFB39D-52E2-48B0-84B2-F1DF9708668F.webp
 
You could find one at a retailer that sells phones. They usually have a selection of SIM cards for sale. I paid $10.00 for a new inactivated SIM card.
I did not know that I could just buy a sim card like that. Would I have to do any kind of activation for it or just use it like it is? Thanks
 
That is good news! I can get a nano sim from a friend here locally. Thanks.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom